Car display "Don'ts"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Ok here's the biggys for me. Feel free to add your own.

1. No stuffed animals of any kind, especially time out dolls. Unless of course you park on it's head.

2. No model car of the real car setting on the aircleaner (or anywhere else)

No rope or chain around the car and gripe when someone stands close to the rope to look at your car. Had that one happen to my wife. She let him and everyone else know what kind of jerk he was.
Tim

I love threads like this - especially if we are making fun of chainer car show guys. [ddd

- No airbrushed plaques with a picture of the car it is sitting in front of
- No airbrushed tailgates with a picture of the truck it is on
- No sitting by your car in a rocking chair looking angry

Past show trophy's, bowling or ball playin trophy's.
Luggage rack full of oil, gas, water cans and bicycles and tricycles.
LOUD music allllllllll day.

Not quite as annoying but still deserves on the list, album of all the pictures of every aspect of sanding down the car. A couple pictures of how you found the car is ok if it was a barn find or something interesting.

This car was at a local show. Great looking car but it had every gimmick known to man on it. Really took away from the beauty of the car and we all snickered at how hookey it was.

Don

I bet he thought people were taking so many pictures because they liked the car !! :D:D

Does that mean I can't have...

a patrol car behind my Pontiac, lights going, a manekin of a police officer in uniform with mirror sun glasses, standing at the door with a citation book in his hand, and another manekin that looks like me behind the wheel....???? WTH????? Now what am I going to do??

This car was at a local show. Great looking car but it had every gimmick known to man on it. Really took away from the beauty of the car and we all snickered at how hookey it was.

Don

I bet he thought people were taking so many pictures because they liked the car !! :D:D

gee don-you made that lil dude in front of the car....CRY!:p[ddd[cl:rolleyes:

ok, my addition to this list:

ANY brand new vehicle covered in greasy "dressing"-- tires, seats, engine, even 15 layers of greasy wax on it...

I just don't care how "rare" or expensive it is I AINT INTERESTED!

sorry (not really):cool:

Another one or two that drive me nuts that have kind of been hit on already.

Plastic rats and spiderwebs of any kind. A few metal spider webs that I have saw are tastefully done but most of them look like crap. And we know its a "Ratrod" you don't need 10 plastic rats on it.

I don't go to many stadium shows anymore, mostly just little local outdoors ones. But I always hated the overdone cars, jacked up on one side so the mirrors showed the chrome belly, the doors propped open, hood and trunk open. And don't forget the angel hair. All stupid goofy way to display a car, looks like a wreck just happened and everyone got threw out.

Another one or two that drive me nuts that have kind of been hit on already.

Plastic rats and spiderwebs of any kind. A few metal spider webs that I have saw are tastefully done but most of them look like crap. And we know its a "Ratrod" you don't need 10 plastic rats on it.

I agree, I'm tired of the extra efforts on adding things especially webs.
I'm ok with people having a book of their build, some people really enjoy seeing what went into a project, and those people will look at it, others will just enjoy the car/truck.

I personally don't mind the drive in food tray display, but thats about all I can tolerate... the crying kid crap is old old old and immediately your car/build loses respect...

The other thing I really do not like is when a show car / trailer queen brings trophys from other shows, I think that, that should be a no-no as well...

Latest posts

Back