A RPU of my own!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring is here Colin, time to get 'er done :D You've got a great starting point, should just be a couple months, right?
I've been collecting parts too while I'm in Arizona and had time to mentally build and draw plans for a Rattish 20 something scratch built pickup along the lines of Bob W's pending Fargo build.
(Sorry, Bob for ripping off your idea:eek:) He's my hero for having so many builds on the go simultaneously, so I figure I can do the Packard Gasser and that one too. Getting home to B.C. next week, time to get busy - maybe we can both make it to Radium this year?
Charlie

With parts availability these days, it might be smart to have two builds going at once.

I have a lot of parts to go on some of my other cars. I'm probably going to start on the power front disc brakes, new springs, new control arm bushings, and adjustable panhard bar on my 62 bel air this weekend.

I'm excited to see what you do with both of your builds!

Last edited:
Saw this one at lunch the other day! :D

BoB

Attachments

• rpu.jpg
    rpu.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 19
Snopro, do you have any gravel roads in your future? The gravel chips in gloss paint seem to show up more than in the duller finishes.
So, I vote for the satin JD paint.

Good point Mac. Where I live we're all paved, even our driveway, but of course as you know living in Alberta, there's always gravel to be had and occasionally our highways even seem more like gravel roads. My parent's place is on gravel and I often end up on gravel in my adventures.

The gloss looks so good, but you're probably right about it being less durable. It was also a lot easier to get dirt in the gloss paint, so there's that as well.

I painted most of the stuff I wanted to disappear with flat black. I did the fender wells and firewall in gloss black. I wanted the engine to be the focal point under the hood. I did the same on the suspension pieces with the exception of the rear end, went with gloss on it. After driving it a while, it's now a duller black, but not as dull as the flat. But you have to about lay on the ground to see it, so I don't worry about it.

Why would you want to paint your butt black:confused::confused:. Maybe you should invest in a bidet.:D:D

We like what we like, Bruno. :p:p:eek:

I painted most of the stuff I wanted to disappear with flat black. I did the fender wells and firewall in gloss black. I wanted the engine to be the focal point under the hood. I did the same on the suspension pieces with the exception of the rear end, went with gloss on it. After driving it a while, it's now a duller black, but not as dull as the flat. But you have to about lay on the ground to see it, so I don't worry about it.

I do have a 4-post lift, so after its done it would be easier to detail under with the lift, but to be honest that isn't likely to happen. I tried some semi-gloss black last night. It ended up looking a bit like a weathered gloss black paint, which might be perfect for what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back