What brought you here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined nov 2013. My pop passed the year before but I told him about my build. He just passed before I could get started. My cousin who lived near my dad was also building a Model A but he was doing a restore. I was on Killbillet for a while but it didn't fare well and when I followed somebody's link from there to here, it's where I stayed. I learned alot following threads here. Thanks for having me. I've been remiss at posting builds some. I'll try harder. :D Not that I'm not doing anything...just haven't taken time to do build threads on some of the stuff I do.

I joined nov 2013. My pop passed the year before but I told him about my build. He just passed before I could get started. My cousin who lived near my dad was also building a Model A but he was doing a restore. I was on Killbillet for a while but it didn't fare well and when I followed somebody's link from there to here, it's where I stayed. I learned alot following threads here. Thanks for having me. I've been remiss at posting builds some. I'll try harder. :D Not that I'm not doing anything...just haven't taken time to do build threads on some of the stuff I do.

Same here smallfoot, good point!

Joined in 2015, google search brought me here. I have been on the PIG site a couple times and knew it wasn't for me, Killbillit just didn't have it. The family here just reached out with acceptance and wisdom.

Also joined in 2015, found the site on the web, like the rules, appreciate the members. A big thanks to those who have helped me learn. One day my project will be on the road. Thanks Tripper for making this happen 🙂

I just checked when I joined. 2012. Wow 10 years. It doesn't seem that long ago, how time flies. I was googling rat rods and hot rods and found the hamb and joined but it wasn't a good fit. To rigid and didn't like rat rods. To traditional and less creative. too many bad attitudes Killbilllt was ok but not enough going on. when I stumbled on this place it was like I was meant to be here. Great support and so many interests. Kind of like family but less dysfunctional. I still check out the hanb from time to time but I check in here every day. I may not post or reply all the time but I always feel welcome. I hope it stays that way. A great group of friends I've never met in person.

I joined in 2010 after having my 34 Cadillac build vaporized on Killbillet when I bolted on a set of 18 and 20" Rocket shiny wheels.
Trivial anal over twitchy correctness syndrome in my opinion :D
Right away found a totally different atmosphere here with average people just having fun with cars. Accepting the fact that I have a shiny car problem and being inclusive of so many build types here is still my favorite thing. I like anything with spark plugs or wheels and it's all here.

I like that we have cars, trucks, motorcycles, pedal cars, tractors, dragsters, boats, cows, deer, weather reports, etc. etc. Almost anything goes.

i joined may of 07, found killbillet, didn't care for some of the people there. saw a post about rrr and came over and joined. this is one of the best sites going, glad i stayed.

@BamaMav introduced me and helped me get here. Since the forum is set up to reject Gmail addresses, you have to email a mod directly to get approved. BamaMav helped me with that.

I've been on the HAMB for a long time. I like traditionally styled hot rods but I build my cars to road trip. So, I use MII suspension, fuel injection, AC, Cruise, etc to make my rides more comfortable and reliable. I get tired of trying to make sure I don't show some of that stuff because the mods will delete your post. This place seems to be pretty much "anything goes", so I like that. I will post my next build thread here, in all likelihood.

If you'd like to see my past builds, you can look them up on the HAMB. My user name is the same.

I have been here since 07. I wanted to find a Hot rod/Rat rod that wasn't full of negative people and cuss words. I don't post on here as much as others but still like it here.
Tim

Latest posts

Back