Lost a Family Friend

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

I lost a friend/mentor/travelling companion this week.

About 17-1/2 years ago I was starting University and my first year was in the third largest city in Alberta, about 2.5 hours from home. My mom ran into someone she had known for years who had recently moved there, and she and her husband offered to take me in.

Although I only lived there for 8 months, I had some great experiences with Bruce while I was there, as well as some fatherly-style advice. I have since maintained a friendship with both the husband and wife and they're friends with my parents as well, and we've travelled together to car shows in Spokane, Seattle, and Radium and gone to numerous swap meets and other adventures over the years.

We had a great visit in October, and they were preparing to go to their winter home in Arizona in December. Unfortunately, the husband fell ill in mid-November with Leukemia and despite treatments it was determined to take him. We had a good visit with him in January, and he passed 2 weeks later, this past Sunday.

He was 71, and it just seems too young. He was quite vibrant until he got the Leukemia, and it took him quick. Cancer sucks.

Sorry about your loss snopro. Cancer is terrible thing. You'd tink by now they'd have a cure

Why cure something you can profit from?? I agree, with all the other stuff they can do. Why do people have to suffer?

Sorry for your loss my friend!

Last edited:
I remember when my dad got cancer out the blue basically...they did everything they could for him but like you said...cancer had it's way with him...he was also 71 years old...he has been gone almost 21 years....I still miss the guy tons...as does my son who was his best buddy...

RIP

I also want to pass on my condolences.

My wife went very quick also, from the time we discovered her stage 4, it was 3 weeks later.

And I heard there is a cure for cancer, from what I understand, its called sour honey from bees somewhere in South America. It causes cancer cells to attack each other.

Latest posts

Back