Performance Online Adjustable Panhard Bar experience

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

I installed a 59-64 Chevy Impala adjustable rear panhard bar on my 62 Bel Air over the weekend.

Since the car is lowered, the stock panhard shifts the rear end over. I wanted an adjustable one so that I could get it centered back under the car, as I'm planning on some wider tires soon.

This was my first experience with Performance Online (POL). I found a lot of bad stuff about the company after I ordered the part. First, the part took way longer to ship than their website said (it took them a while to get the raw material, apparently it wasn't yet manufactured when ordered).

Once I got it, it looked okay and nicely welded and sturdy. When I installed it, I found that the threads on both ends weren't cleaned out after machining (large amount of filings in both threaded connections), and the threads on the one end weren't machined well and were extremely tight when fully threaded in. Since my bar needed to be at almost its shortest length to get the rear end centered, this made it pretty annoying to adjust.

There are a lot of options out there for adjustable panhards, and since it wasn't really all that well manufactured I'd probably try something from another manufacturer next time. Hopefully that helps someone in the future.

There is some dodgy stuff out there.
A lot of the parts I order nowadays have to be reworked in some form or the other.
No pride in the workers anymore.

There is some dodgy stuff out there.
A lot of the parts I order nowadays have to be reworked in some form or the other.
No pride in the workers anymore.

Isn't that the unfortunate truth.

Now that I've bought and installed an adjustable panhard, I know what I would buy instead. The stupid thing about the design of the bar I have is that when it's at its shortest length, the jam nuts are almost impossible to tighten because they're inside the frame bracket. UMI and Global West have designs that look a lot more user-friendly plus they're greasable, the one I got isn't. Live and learn :cool:

upi-3654-b_xl.jpg

gls-phc-84_w.jpg

Latest posts

Back