Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 08-10-2022, 09:04 PM
Creators of all things awesome

Default What ya grilling?

So last Father's Day my wife bought me a small 22 in Blackstone griddle for our camp trailer. Not too long after using that I purchased a big one for our back porch. I love grilling. I'm no Gordon Ramsay but no one's ever complained about my food. Tonight I am making chicken fajitas

Are any of you guys going to grilling? What are y'all cooking?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220810_182608399_HDR.jpg (83.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220810_184026729_HDR.jpg (109.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220810_184031491_HDR.jpg (93.3 KB, 19 views)

Minterfab.com
Old 08-11-2022, 05:13 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Nice!

Too hot to grill here in Fla. Most of my cooking is quick saute or pan seared in air conditioned comfort. I have the 20 minute recipes from back in the day where I would come home from work and cook for the fam, wife cleaned up the mess

The last time I used a grill was when Hurricane Wilma knocked out our power for three weeks.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:37 AM
Creators of all things awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarat View Post
Nice!

Too hot to grill here in Fla. Most of my cooking is quick saute or pan seared in air conditioned comfort. I have the 20 minute recipes from back in the day where I would come home from work and cook for the fam, wife cleaned up the mess

The last time I used a grill was when Hurricane Wilma knocked out our power for three weeks.
It was a hundred degrees when I took that picture LOL. Difference between here and where you are is we don't have the humidity LOL. I probably use that thing two to three times a week on average. I'll even scrape snow off it to use it. That's how it works here the wife and I split the duties. Makes life a little easier

Minterfab.com
Old 08-11-2022, 06:54 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I love to grill and do it year round in CT. I have a gas grill, charcoal, a 55gallon drum smoker and a small smoker. Got into smoking cheese a while back. Always looking for new things to grill. Jim
Old 08-11-2022, 08:19 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I got the big Blackstone like lowbudget 3 years ago and have only used it three times.
On the smoker side a young man that works with me smoke purt near anything that'll go in it. He smokes cheese, jellies and jams too
Old 08-11-2022, 09:35 AM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
I got the big Blackstone like lowbudget 3 years ago and have only used it three times.
On the smoker side a young man that works with me smoke purt near anything that'll go in it. He smokes cheese, jellies and jams too

Sorry no pix right now but I love a smoker too. If ya'll ain't tried it..smoked cheese is killer...
Old 08-11-2022, 09:55 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarat View Post
Nice!

grilling in the heat is just a thing. i grilled in south texas while it was 113 in the shade. we would build a fire in a big bowl pit then take the coals over to the grill. fun times, now i do it in bama but with a gas grill.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:23 AM
Older and more rusted every day!

We grill home grow'd chicken, beef & veggies on the Egg! The Egg is awesome! It's been blazing hot here so we haven't been grill'n as much... come on Fall!!! Pork chops are another one of our favs!

BoB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg.jpg (119.3 KB, 5 views)

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 08-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Ya...the heat. Plus humidity.

I cant even walk outside to feed the cats in the afternoon without breaking a sweat. But!

...back in Fort Laud, I did grill more often, usually the Filet Mignon, seemed to come out better on the grill then broil in house, minus the mess. Our back yard faced East, and we had the Atlantic breeze in the afternoon/dinner hour. Where I am now, its usually in the mid 90's, where Fort Laud is mid 80s, because of said breeze.

Here is a link I enjoy

Mitchell on Blackstone

Last edited by lazarat; 08-11-2022 at 12:10 PM. Reason: add link
Old 08-11-2022, 06:14 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

as Retired Chef's Mrs T and I are big on grilling.
Quick. Easy and less kitchen clean up.
Fresh, local corn on the cob right now.
Lots of Mexican food. The odd slap of baby back riobs. You name it.
Good eating.
Torchie