Tie rod ends

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

I was so excited today my speedway shipment came in, later I was disapointed, I ordered tie rod ends for my split wishbones and they are too small, I got 11/16 RH and LH I guess I need 3/4" can someone tell me what year ford used 3/4" tie rod ends, speedway cat. dosent even show 3/4" stuff, now im stuck again. please help.

LOWANDRATTY, I don't know of any Fords that used 3/4" thread tie rod ends. All that I am aware of use 11/16". What did you use for bungs in the wishbones?

The person who put the ends in might used 3/4" Heim joints (spherical rod ends). I've used the Speedway weld-in bungs a time or two.

Go to your local parts store.

Check out MOOG/TRW #:

ES150R 61-66 Chevy 1/2 & 3/4 ton 4x4,48-76 Ford 1/2 ton 4x4 w/ DANA
ES150L same as above

ES2847R 86-96 Dodge 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton 4x4 w/ 3500lb. axle (DANA 44)
ES2848L same as above

They are all 3/4-16 thread.
The taper on the first two is larger than that on the second two.

Double check to see if you need right and left, or two rights !

A BIG thanks to everyone that answered my question.
Thanks Unkl Ian I ordered a R&L 150 today, will see if they work on wed. my mounts are 7degree taper but I can open them up with a die grinder if I need to, now next time I order something from summit I will order some jam nuts to match. where did you get the info on the tie rod end specs. I looked all over the internet last night and could not find any website with that info that is good info to know.
Now can anyone answer the questions I asked in frame/suspension/brake section titled spindles and kingpins
If I cut the top off of my king pin will this hurt anything, and if I grind down the the orignal hole for the steering arm on the top boss, will this weaken the spindle any ?? I need the hole gone so I can mount my steering arms, and that big round thing on top of the kingpin just looks funny and I dont know why I would need it there.

Last edited:
I got that info from the Howe Racing Enterprises site.
They list a few different threads, don't remember if
I posted their whole chart here or not.

Latest posts

Back