Floor metal what thickness are you using

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

what thickness is everyone using for the floors, I do plan on beed rolling it but what is everyone using, I dont want it so thick it is hard to work with, but not too thin and have it pop and move every time my feet hit it either, I thought I would ask before I screw up, but it wouldn't be the first time :D Thanks in advance for any resopnse

I have trouble getting anything over 20g through my crappy bead roller without screwing it up. I used 16g on my floor without any modifications and it's very solid.

Sean

thickness

if your gonna bead roll it use 18 gauge, i used 16 in the crush'd (cause i knew i was gonna paint it and didnt want the paint to rub off on the high spots that the bear roller would have created) and the braces are spaced no further than 16 inches apart. i also drill'd hundreds of holes and plug welded it in place, then grond em smooth. dp1

if your gonna bead roll it use 18 gauge, i used 16 in the crush'd (cause i knew i was gonna paint it and didnt want the paint to rub off on the high spots that the bear roller would have created) and the braces are spaced no further than 16 inches apart. i also drill'd hundreds of holes and plug welded it in place, then grond em smooth. dp1

Could of flipped it so the bead went down and then caught all the crap in it also.

I used 16ga for the floor and tunnel in this one. 18ga would have worked and would have been easier to work with but I prefer to overbuild stuff :D

101_1728.jpg

Latest posts

Back