Welders on sale at Graingers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read on another forum that this was a misprint and the link has disappeared. When they tried to place an order Grainger said their credit cards would be credited back and they would recieve a 10% coupon for their inconvenience. I guess it was a smokin deal but just mispriced.

Don

I am sure with todays technology that most welders are very good as far as quality. However I do want to mention that way back in the 1960`s I was foreman on a production welding crew building utility truck bodies. I used a Miller mig welder. After 5 years of hard service my Miller was still going strong after many of the other brands had been worn out and rebuilt. When I opened my own business in 1983 I went shopping for another Miller Mig welder and was lucky enough to find the same exact model I had used in the welding shop. I bought it and still have it today. The only thing I have done to it is replaced the linerswhen they wear out. My Miller was used in a collission body shop and at one time it was the only welder in the shop, being swaped between the body tehnicians. I am now retired and still use the original on my farm building hot rods and repairing my farm equipment. Keep in mind this Miller was a used unit in 1983. In my book they are nearly indestructible under normal use.

I agree about the Miller welders just being plain indestructable. I can't begin to guess how many miles of welds ours has laid down and it has never failed to do a good job.

Don

Latest posts

Back