Lethbridge AB swapmeet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dozer, I don't have a picture of his ornaments. The news goes downhill from there. He wasn't feeling that well at Lethbridge, and when he got home he got worse so now he's in the hospital getting poked and prodded. When I talk to him, I'll ask what he's got and what he needs.

That really sucks, hope he get well soon.

In between upchucks, Brock gets excited about your ornament. He thinks that you may have a COE hood ornament, so he would like to trade you for it. He asks if you are planning to go to Red Deer swap meet at the first part of May. We are. Should I try to fit his ornaments on my old 1966 hood to get the best curve for you?

In between upchucks, Brock gets excited about your ornament. He thinks that you may have a COE hood ornament, so he would like to trade you for it. He asks if you are planning to go to Red Deer swap meet at the first part of May. We are. Should I try to fit his ornaments on my old 1966 hood to get the best curve for you?

I don't think I'm going to make it to the Red deer meet, family stuff that weekend. I'm not planning on using the ornament on the Fargo it's intended use is the 28 Dodge, I'm going to need one that is pretty much flat on the mounting surface.

Dozer, I've been having a terrible time with my computer, but it's going tonight, so I'll run one option by you. I remembered a Ram ornament that I got rattling around in my Ranger donor truck. I once thought of mounting it into the rad cap of my Dodge Brothers truck. Possible trade; food for thought.
It sounds like my pal Brock has lots of ram ornaments to offer but I think they will all be curved too much to put on a '28. He's home now so I'll go and take some pictures at his house.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
Dozer, I've been having a terrible time with my computer, but it's going tonight, so I'll run one option by you. I remembered a Ram ornament that I got rattling around in my Ranger donor truck. I once thought of mounting it into the rad cap of my Dodge Brothers truck. Possible trade; food for thought.
It sounds like my pal Brock has lots of ram ornaments to offer but I think they will all be curved too much to put on a '28. He's home now so I'll go and take some pictures at his house.

Thanks Mac, shoot me some pictures when you can.

Dozer, here are Brocks Dodge hood ornaments, that we think may work for you. Look at each of them and see what you think. Remember that I also have an ornament with very little base [third pic]. Some of the others he has, are Fargo emblems, so they won't do you any good, and they aren't for sale.
Here is his cab-over. It's a '46 Dodge that he got from an old fellow who was like an uncle to Brock. The cab is set up now on Brocks Dads '71 Dodge motorhome.

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Brocks COE.jpg
    Brocks COE.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I had forgotten to tell you that the first ornament is just under 8 inches long and the second one is about 9 inches. I'll tell him you are interested in the second one.
I don't know how he'll establish the right curve of your ornament until he tries it on the cab. He seems to think it will work.

Here's one more picture of Brocks COE. That's the original 413 RB Wedge from the motorhome, slid back about four feet.

Attachments

• Brocks COE P side.jpg
    Brocks COE P side.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Here's one more picture of Brocks COE. That's the original 413 RB Wedge from the motorhome, slid back about four feet.

If Dozer traced the curve of his ornament onto a piece of paper, and took a photo of it with a ruler or tape measure for scale then your friend might be able to verify if it will be close for his truck. Just a thought.

If Dozer traced the curve of his ornament onto a piece of paper, and took a photo of it with a ruler or tape measure for scale then your friend might be able to verify if it will be close for his truck. Just a thought.

We're thinkin' alike here Snopro. It hadn't all congealed in my mind yet, but I even thought about Dozer putting the paper cutout in an envelope and mailing it up here.

Was thinking the same thing, only this is faster than snail mail. Print the attachment, then size it on you printer so the curved line 8 inch mark is the same and cut it out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ram hood ornament.jpg
    Ram hood ornament.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 55
Dozer, we should be rolling into Red Deer, Westerner Park at about 3:00 on Friday the 4th of May and leaving about 9:30 Sunday morning, the 6th.
I held up the paper curve that you sent me, and rested it on Brock's truck. The curve is a little too flat. About 5/16" too flat. I gave him a possible solution and some days to think about it. He decided not to take your ornament.
My possible solution might work for you also. I think your hood and the rear half of the Dodge grille shell would be relatively flat, right? If you found a 1" x 1/2" flat aluminium about seven inches long and laid it down on the 1" side and ground the same 'hood ornament' curve into the top of it, it could fit like a filler gasket between the hood and the ornament. Then pretty up the sides of the flat bar a bit and 'Voila', coolness.[;)

Dozer, Brock has made up his mind on the ornaments. If he has to make a filler plate for under the base, he might as well make the plate for his own ornament. The one he liked the best is the second one in the pictures [back a page], but you are welcome to buy the other one for $75.

Hey Mac, just noticed your replys. We might make it there Friday afternoon not sure yet. I kinda feel the same way if I have to make an adapter plate I will just use the one I have.

Latest posts

Back