Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie, I've been following along with great interest.
Earlier on you touched on a concept that I would like to put in words and have some feedback on. You kept the back quarter window full length instead of shortening it. This keeps the sail panel fairly narrow. Narrow is cool in my opinion. That's one of the reasons that a hardtop usually looks much better than a sedan, [narrower sail panel]. What do you think?

Anyhow, keep up the good work. [P[P[P

It's the little mods like that which make the whole job look more natural.

X2. [cl

I hacked your latest pic, Torchie... filled the sail panel... lowered a couple inches...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Torchie door - sail.jpg
    Torchie door - sail.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 67
Torchie, I've been following along with great interest.
Earlier on you touched on a concept that I would like to put in words and have some feedback on. You kept the back quarter window full length instead of shortening it. This keeps the sail panel fairly narrow. Narrow is cool in my opinion. That's one of the reasons that a hardtop usually looks much better than a sedan, [narrower sail panel]. What do you think?

Anyhow, keep up the good work. [P[P[P

For sure Mac.
When the hardtops first came out I think it was GM that called them "Hardtop Convertibles" in their marketing.
And as far as I know. Across the board Hardtops and convertible tops were lower from the factory then sedan by about 1-1/2 to 2 inches. Before the advent of the heavy chop many a sedan with curved glass was chopped using it convert or hardtop counterparts windsheild.
All that metal around the glass. as well as the large sail panel area on the Dodge just added to the visual weight. Not to mention the squared off roof rear. :D
Torchie

Wishing you well on the BP and health stuff Torchie. :)

Thanks Burgerman.
I had an episode a few weeks ago that almost led to a 911 call. But i made it past that, so my Cardiologist wanted to have a chat with me. He's a great younger Dr. that is always very realistic and straight forward with me. At this point in my very crowded medical history being stable is the goal.
Moving forward....
Doing today what I wanted to do yesterday.
All the tedious , boring tasks that no one ever shows during a chop.[ddd
There will be no reshaping of the door top until all the inner frame is welded solid. One in and done. Second one tacked.
I want to get this side locked in so I can get to cutting and tacking the PS. Then on to the sail panels.
Got hot here again this afternoon so I'm done for today
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4835.jpg
    IMG_4835.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4836-1.jpg
    IMG_4836-1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4839.jpg
    IMG_4839.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4841.jpg
    IMG_4841.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4843.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4847.jpg
    IMG_4847.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4838.jpg
    IMG_4838.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 21
looking really great torchie, in another universe's timeline I probably bought one of these from your inspiration! :D

The doors are the most tedious of the chops [cl
[P[P[P

That and all the internal bracing OI.[;) [;) [;)
Not looking forward to spending an afternoon inside the car welding. Probably going to have to take my leg off for that part of the program.:eek: [ddd

looking really great torchie, in another universe's timeline I probably bought one of these from your inspiration! :D
Thanks joedoh. Your build looks great too.
Torchie

It's amazing watching this process. A person see's these really nice cars with chopped tops at car shows, and really have no idea how much work, skill, and craftsmanship it takes to accomplish them. [cl[cl

It's amazing watching this process. A person see's these really nice cars with chopped tops at car shows, and really have no idea how much work, skill, and craftsmanship it takes to accomplish them. [cl[cl

^^^That's true^^^
[P[P[P

That's true about most builds. Be it cars. Boats .Bikes. Life.[ddd . This site is full of builders that make amazing things and although I have never been much of a "Joiner" I'm proud to be among all of you.[cl
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

A little mental illness doesn't hurt :eek:

" The line between genius and mental illness is wafer thin." Where have I seen that tag line before.[ddd

Above my pay grade, that's why I only watch these masters at work.

Everyone who contribute to this site brings something to the table Bama.
I'd love to get my hands on your car.[ddd [;) [;) [;) :cool:

Finished tying together the driver side. Time to turn the car around and get started on the passenger side.
Thanks for all of the comments and Keep on keeping on.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4860.jpg
    IMG_4860.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4865.jpg
    IMG_4865.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back