1926 Dodge Brothers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think body roll is even worth worrying about if you won't be using the bag except for speed bumps and the like. I can't see where it would be much worse than running 2 bags off one valve - that system, the air on the outside bag (when turning a corner) squishes over to the inside bag - no roll control at all.

Since you still have the normal suspension still in place, I doubt body roll will be that noticeable even if you corner with it. Time will tell eh?

That’s what I’m thinking/hoping. The worst thing about changing to two bags (if we need to) will be relocation of the one we have.

Like you said, only time will tell.

Well, I haven’t posted any updates in a while. We’ve installed floor bracing and skinned the drive shaft tunnel. Also, we’ve remade the brake pedal assembly so that we’ll have a proper ratio. Just curious, how much travel does everyone usually end up with to the master cylinder? The better the ratio, the shorter that travel is.

But the best part is that we were able to roll it outside and get a good look at it! :D

We still aren’t sure if we like the positioning of the grill, it’s just set on for now, we’re concerned that it may be too high (the top of it, not off the ground). So, if anyone has any input on how it’s placed, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_9088.jpg
    IMG_9088.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9093.jpg
    IMG_9093.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_9097.jpg
    IMG_9097.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9099.jpg
    IMG_9099.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_9102.jpg
    IMG_9102.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_9105.jpg
    IMG_9105.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_9113.jpg
    IMG_9113.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_9120.jpg
    IMG_9120.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9122.jpg
    IMG_9122.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9108.jpg
    IMG_9108.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 105
I usually like to see the top of the grill even with the top of the cowl. Looks like you are a good 6" higher with the grill. Either lean it back or chop it down. Other than that Car looks good. I like the style.[cl

I usually like to see the top of the grill even with the top of the cowl.

That's how I usually think too, but............as I look at your car I'm liking it when normally this combo looks funky to me :confused:[S Maybe the combination of the other features just makes it all work :confused::confused: Don't know but I'm loving it [cl[cl

looking good.. i would definitely lower the grill/radiator if it were mine..

Im working on getting my shell and radiator mounted... and to get it visually "right" in my opinion anyways.. its going to be a ton of work.. im having to modify the front of my frame.. but I think in the end the grill shell placement really can make or break the overall look of a build

Looks good to me.....

but what do I know?? Oldest build I've got going is a 96 GMC....or so sayth the Earthman.....LOL.... seriously.... the build is coming along and it's looking good.....:D (actually I have a 63 Pontiac too! but don't tell anyone)

Grill height

That's how I usually think too, but............as I look at your car I'm liking it when normally this combo looks funky to me :confused:[S Maybe the combination of the other features just makes it all work :confused::confused: Don't know but I'm loving it [cl[cl

I agree with Snake Farm, the grill looks fine where it is, although you would normally expect it even with the cowl, I think it is the air cleaner height that makes it work. Just because everyone does one thing doesn't mean you have to follow......that's what rat rodding is all about! love the build so far!

Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the input. We’ve been debating on what to do with it.

Based on what you’ve all said, I think we’ll have to get a couple more things done before making a final decision to cut it down. We plan on the throttle linkage coming through the opening in the cowl, so that will all be sticking up and we have a 36’ Chevy headlight bucket that we want to graph into the top of the cowl to mount our gauges in. So that may tie it all together better. We’ll work on that and then see what you all think.

Thanks again, it really helps to know what you all think. :D

Lookin' real good, I say the grill looks fine where it's at, but pictures never do any justice IMO keep up the great work!

I think it looks great, but you could put me in the category of those thinking it should be same level as the cowl!!! Just a little pet peeve of mine.
But to each his own I wouldn't do anything to I didn't want to, looks fine as is too!!! keep it up!![cl

Those grilles are not easy to come by. Do you have another even from another car to try? Also what will you with the radiator if you cut it?
Are you going to be at the Fairgrounds this weekend for the NSRA car show? I'll be there in my 40 Pontiac on the North side by the fence. See Ya Jim

Those grilles are not easy to come by. Do you have another even from another car to try? Also what will you with the radiator if you cut it?
Are you going to be at the Fairgrounds this weekend for the NSRA car show? I'll be there in my 40 Pontiac on the North side by the fence. See Ya Jim

I was planning on being at that show this weekend, that’s the show we got our Hemi at last year, but my wife had other plans. I’ll be driving to Kentucky this weekend instead and picking up one of her MANY EBay “treasures”. I would much rather look you up and check out that Pontiac! I really love that car. [dr

Anyway, on the grill, we just have the one and only have $40 in it. It’s not a restorable, not reasonably anyway, grill so cutting it won’t bother me too much. As for the radiator, we cut the support out and welded it back in on the bottom of the frame. This dropped the radiator about 5”, then we had to modify our laser parts so that they could drop down as well. We’ve gotten that far and the grill itself is next. Any suggestions on HOW to go about shortening up the grill would be great.

I haven’t been able to touch the car in the last 10 days or so, daughters moving for the 4th time in 2 years! So I’ve been busy helping her and building an outdoor pen for her dog.
Hope to be able to get going on it again next week.

re:grille

Without seeing the actual grille I'd start here. jmho

Attachments

• Dodge Brothers grille 001.jpg
    Dodge Brothers grille 001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 39
It is looking GREAT! Life's been kicking my ass, but I'm starting on my frame next week.... :D

Thanks man! :D

I know how it is, I never expected to be more than a year building this one and that year has come and gone!

Looking forward to seeing some frame pic’s.

Latest posts

Back