1937 chevy truck 3/4 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame length?

Would you happen to have or remember what your original frame length was? I had bought an extra and been trying to verify which year and tonnage it is?

3715.jpg

Would you happen to have or remember what your original frame length was? I had bought an extra and been trying to verify which year and tonnage it is?

I dont know the overall length off the top of my head, I can measure it tomorrow but my truck is different, it was a military (Army) spec truck with the huge flat bumpers and a super heavy military style bed, the bed of the truck is probably 5-600 lbs, the metal is super thick
ive been to the area that my truck was ones used at, but its not an Army base anymore, its a state park now

but I do know its a 112 wheel base

Untitled by joa kwin, on Flickr

I did some cutting and bending today, 1.5 inch 120 wall dom tube

re working the notch support bars

im planning to bend some tube and connect the two sides on the front bars

but before I can weld that bar in, I have to get the diff as high as it can go to make sure it will clear the driveshaft

speaking of diffs, my diff from southwest speed came in around noon, ups guy knew from the address who's house it was going to
4.11 posi 31 spline , never mind my ugly rtv job, I have to clean that up tomorrow

I plan to get the axles installed tomorrow

im not sure if my axles came with the bolts to hold them in or not,
and I dont think I ordered lug nuts as well

I know I can order from summit racing and have them by Friday,
my goal is to have the air bags installed and the truck sitting on 4 wheels by friday

I put the axles into the housing today

I got the type that you cut down to length, 1st time doing something like that

so I cut them alittle on the long side and then cut them down a hair, I had to figure it out

got the t bolts tq down to spec

and now I just need to put the wheel studs in and then I can get the truck on 4 wheels again

body shop said the mini will be done tomorrow afternoon,

so I need to do some major cleaning in the garage to get the mini back inside till I get the glass back into it

new glass and seals and whatnot

60421761_435394570352147_5899599212730908672_n by joa kwin, on Flickr

im going to fit this tube tomorrow

it will be lined up better then in the picture, but trying to hold it in place and take the pic at the same time wasn't working out to well for me, lol

have to cut it down and notch it and clean up the paint for the area to be welded on

I have to get it done as soon as I get back to the house from the school run
im going to try and go to bed early tonight
so that I can get a cup of coffee in before the school run, so that I can go straight into the garage and get the tube done

and maybe wheel studs

60421761_435394570352147_5899599212730908672_n by joa kwin, on Flickr

im going to fit this tube tomorrow

it will be lined up better then in the picture, but trying to hold it in place and take the pic at the same time wasn't working out to well for me, lol

have to cut it down and notch it and clean up the paint for the area to be welded on

I have to get it done as soon as I get back to the house from the school run
im going to try and go to bed early tonight
so that I can get a cup of coffee in before the school run, so that I can go straight into the garage and get the tube done

and maybe wheel studs

What's the purpose of that tube?

I'm sure it will work fine as is, but I'm curious why you put the airbag mount plates on top of the tube cross-member? If it was underneath, your welds would basically be locating the plate instead of being in constant tension as they are in this configuration. Just my engineering brain, though. No disrespect or negativity intended, just curious.

What's the purpose of that tube?

I'm sure it will work fine as is, but I'm curious why you put the airbag mount plates on top of the tube cross-member? If it was underneath, your welds would basically be locating the plate instead of being in constant tension as they are in this configuration. Just my engineering brain, though. No disrespect or negativity intended, just curious.

I needed it for the height for the air bags, to be able to get the drop needed

I used 1/4 inch plate for those top mounts

the extra crossmember is just for over kill, and im also thinking about using it to mount some air tanks off of but im not sure on that yet, lots of parts going in and not a lot of space

Latest posts

Back