Your Favorite Hot Rod Movies

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first two you list are my favs too. I also like Christine. But Lucas really nailed it in Graffiti. So many of the hot rod movies I grew up with were just plain stupid, and were nowhere close to reality, but Graffiti was done well and had none of that stupidity thrown in.

I like Two Lane, but the acting is really bad and the plot is dumb. However, the car is the best, and makes it watchable for me.

While not a hot rod movie, Duel is another good car related one.

Don

Gasser, I totally forgot, The California Kid with Martin Sheen and Vic Morrow. I bought the movie a few years ago on VHS. Couldnt find it on DVD at the time. Another great movie.

...Bruno...

Gasser, I totally forgot, The California Kid with Martin Sheen and Vic Morrow. I bought the movie a few years ago on VHS. Couldnt find it on DVD at the time. Another great movie.

...Bruno...

That's my favorite. I've got it on VHS. Then I've gotta go with Hollywood Knights.

I didn't know you could get Califoria Kid on VHS, I was never able to find it.
Got a link for it?

Jeff

Like Tut, I got mine from ebay chop. Although when the tape came, it came with a catalog of movies. The seller had a regular business selling movies besides on ebay. It' been a few years and I can't remember anything about the place.

I've been itchin for a reason to post this pic. The Califorina Kid.........with the steelies like it had in the movie, not the Halibrands they have on it now.

How about "Macon County Line" or was it "Return to Macon County Line" with the 57' Chevy. There was also "Thunder Road".
I saw a movie, a long time ago. I came on in the middle. Don't remember it too well, but I think the hero got beat in a race, finds an old Gasser Willys in a barn, fixs it and beats the villian. Anyone remember it and know the name of the movie?

Latest posts

Back