what was your motivation????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custom cabby

i have seen similar threads on what car sparked ideas and what drove certain people to start/complete their projects but i would like to see any pics of certain projects that inspired you to build your own and maybe the end result of what you have done coming from that inspiration. maybe some of you have even gotten inspiration from within the site .... show us what you got from what you saw.

Much of my inspiration doesn't come from a particular car but rather a style of car. I really dig early lakes cars. Many say that shows no imagination, but I don't care, I like em just the same.

Examples: Sorry, can't resize from the computter I'm using right now........................

I just posted this in another thread. Eddie Barbosa's roadster. This was/is my inspiration.

Asphalt20Invitational2020072024620s.jpg

IMAGE_144.jpg

This is what I built. Not really the same but I knew I had to have a multi-carb 6, fenderless, long in front, short in back, and the AC gas tank.

009-16.jpg

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6104

I guess I should have added what I built too. Like dmw56, not really the same but hopefully the inspiration is starting to show through. It's still a work in progress.

you guys really know how to un-intentionally make someone jealous....MAN!!! this is one of those times when one says..... "when i grow up, i want ........."

Saw this one at a car show, almost 30 years ago.
streetrodtruk.jpg

And this is what I built, I lost the other picture for a time, and found it after I had finished my truck.
intraffic.jpg

I just posted this in another thread. Eddie Barbosa's roadster. This was/is my inspiration.

Asphalt20Invitational2020072024620s.jpg

IMAGE_144.jpg

This is what I built. Not really the same but I knew I had to have a multi-carb 6, fenderless, long in front, short in back, and the AC gas tank.

009-16.jpg

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6104

Mine's not started yet but as for my motivation - DMW56's Orange 51 F-1 is it! :cool:

Thunder1

The inspiration for my current T came from this picture I saw on the internet. I loved the simplicity of the build, something about it just turned me on.

desertcar-1.jpg

I don't know what it was...........just can't put my finger on it. :rolleyes::D:D

sanibel20-3.jpg

Don

Wish she was mine...........just a pretty girl at the beach who accomodated an old man by posing for a few pictures. :eek::eek::D But thanks for the nice words anyway. :D

Don

My inspiration started early in life. My dad used to build motors for a lot of the local circle trackers, and then there were a lot of the local "hot rodders" who wanted him to perform his magic on there cars. In the early 60's I remember a guy coming in to the family garage with an early pickup (model A or 32 style...sorry it was a looong time ago), and the guy wanted my dad to set up the multiple carbs and make the engine purr. I kind of remember either 4 or 6 carbs on the motor...then I remember the tire smoke and the rubber marks as the guy left "trying out" the new tune up.

I think the one that got me hooked on hot rods was neighbors 36 Ford 3 window coupe. it had a 283 hooked to a Lincoln trans in it. The reason this is the one that got me hooked, is because this is the one that I actually got my first ride in. For years that car sat in the garage, and every time I inquired about it the guy chuckled and said not for sale. Even after he passed away his brother didn't want to sell it even though his brother had no interest in fixing the car...it was just a memory he didn't want to let go of. Unfortunately about 8 to 10 years ago the garage burned to the ground and before I knew what happened everything was gone including the remains of the 36 :(

inspired

well growing up i was a shy kid,, but when we moved from texas to alabama when i was 14, there was a man who lived across the road who had , a bunch of old cars, i use to climb a tree and look at them in his pasture,, one day his dogs found me up there and started barking at me,, and he came to see what it was,, he ask me what i was doing and i told him, so he told me to come down and he invited me to come over and look at his old cars,, man he had gto's stuf in the 40,50, 60,, but the thing that got me was a old truck,, it was green with white pinstripe flames, with a 327 with three duces,, i was in love,, anyways it was the beginning, i became a talker, so long shy kid,, questions well there was a bunch,, anyways heres a pic of a truck ,, not his but the truck that started my heart for old tin,,i liked it because it didnt have fenders on it , he was still working on it, well i guess thats where, i get the rat rod thing,, anyways ,, i was inspired for life..

Attachments

• 39chevy-3751.jpg
    39chevy-3751.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 15
honestly you guys are my motivation! I was supposed to start mine by now, but since I blew up the race car, it needs rebuilt over the winter. next spring/summer its on. you guys inspire me daily to think outside the box, and i'm greatful!

Mine was tiny's f-1. Im not even close to being done with mine tho. But theres a pic of when i had the body mocked up.

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 13
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 11
I wanted to build somthing diffrent. I've had the idea rolling around in my head for about 15 years or so. I bought a house with a garage and went looking for a body. I worked on it off and on for about 9 months. Its basically a new car from the ground up. I put 6000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years and we have had a blast driving it to shows,cruise ins, every where.Stil want to do a couple of things to it. Next project is to build one with my wife helping. She cant wait to get her hands dirty.:D
Tim

Attachments

• shades 2.jpg
    shades 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 7
  • shades 3.jpg
    shades 3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back