bbf 429 to t5 help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaybeA45

How are you all doing, im new to your community and look forward to learning and meeting all of you. i joined cuz i am in the process of collecting parts for and biulding a 1940-1947 ford bobbed rat truck. my question to you guys is how to put the 429 to the t5 world class, i have a 69 429 and a 1985 world class t5 and frustration at the internet search and other forum flamers. I found an adaptor plate and expensive bell housings would like to keep it cheeper since i need a clutch and flexplate/flywheel, and pedals slave and whatnot, any help would be greatly thanked

Look into truck wrecking yards, 460's were used in pickups into the 90's, same bellhousing pattern as the 429, it may be possible to re-drill it to mate up the T5, an adapter ring may be needed to match the dia of the T5 snout. Throwout bearing and clutch disc will need to be matched to the T5. I can't remember if the 429 had a balance weight on the flywheel, some 460's do, some don't, depending on the year.

your T-5 won't last long behind a 429....a mildly warmed up 302 will shell 'em in no time:eek:

not trying to be a wise arse but you are gonna spend alot of time and money to put the 2 together and it just wont last...

you need to find a top loader 4 speed or a heavier trans to go manual on a big block IMO

thanks for the tech help, located all parts needed, forgot about all the 385 big block family. also thanks for the concern about the t5 my time and wallet, im aware of its case flex and other issues, i broke one b4 doing alot of fun things lol, that said a friend of mine has a fox body 347 stroker in front of a stock t-5 thats got over 100k now so i guess its driving style also. im just looking to get it in the frame for mock up, and a seasons use b4 i locate a tko500.

Latest posts

Back