Dumb question about C6 tranny

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Can anyone tell me what position the lower lever is in when the tranny is in park? The lever on this tranny is pointing down right now. I can feel it hit all the gears , but just don't know what position the lever is in while in park. Forward or back? Thanks

Usually....

Can anyone tell me what position the lower lever is in when the tranny is in park? The lever on this tranny is pointing down right now. I can feel it hit all the gears , but just don't know what position the lever is in while in park. Forward or back? Thanks

looking at it from the shifter shaft....normally If the lever is turned all the way to right (clockwise) as you look at the shaft.... then the parking pawl is engaged.... when you turn it to the extreme left (counterclockwise) then it should be in first gear (low)... pretty sure ford, gm and mopar all work the same way.....

looking at it from the shifter shaft....normally If the lever is turned all the way to right (clockwise) as you look at the shaft.... then the parking pawl is engaged.... when you turn it to the extreme left (counterclockwise) then it should be in first gear (low)... pretty sure ford, gm and mopar all work the same way.....

What he said. I always say all the way forward or toward the engine

C6 Pattern: P-R-N-D-2-1

Latest posts

Back