flip front end.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try this site....sells plans

lookin for tips or picks of the mechanics of a flip front end....

I hear this guy has detailed plans for tilt front ends, lambo doors and suicide doors.... haven't seen them but have heard they are pretty good and let you know how to make the parts you need....
www.rodplans.com
Not sure what vehicle you are doing so I'm sure that the net has a number of sites with some pics you could gleen some ideas from.....JMHO

Flip front end

Yep a bit of onfo on the web ... i find just googling at images then if i see what I am looking for ill click on it. Its for a 46 GMC long wheelbase panel truck im putting on an s10 frame already got the frame to length and welded up ..now gotta pull the body off the frame and drop it on..D

I built this one years back. Used a steel frame, and steering cylinders from a boat to lift it.
highriskhoodup-1.jpg

I've seen one on an F1 Ford PU that had a 3 piece piano style 'flop' hinge at the front where the nose could be flopped forward a couple-three inches then tilted up. That way the bottom of the fenders wouldnt hit as it went up.

PA41

When I did a tilt bed and front on a 69 chevy.I made a pipe hinge on the bottom of two pieces of C channel back to back ][ then after placing it in the frame and tack welding I sawalled the frame so the whole piece would break over.

Attachments

• b%20hinge.jpg
    b%20hinge.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 50
  • f hinge.jpg
    f hinge.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 47
  • hood up shop.jpg
    hood up shop.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 41
  • f tilt.jpg
    f tilt.jpg