TH 400 Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstfabba

Just bought a TH400 out of a motorhome. It had the brake assembly on it. At the junkyard we pulled off the brake assembly housing and slid on a short tail housing. It appears to fit correctly and match all diagrams of the TH400 I can find. Any thoughts?

Find a old 400 driveshaft yoke and

Just bought a TH400 out of a motorhome. It had the brake assembly on it. At the junkyard we pulled off the brake assembly housing and slid on a short tail housing. It appears to fit correctly and match all diagrams of the TH400 I can find. Any thoughts?

Slide it in....if the slip yoke fits the shaft, the seal is in the right location on the yoke and it moves in and out OK... should be good to go.....

Is the parking brake any good?
Whatcha doing with it?

If my memory serves me....

the 400's had a short shaft, long shaft and stub shaft for 4x4 transfer case use..... so the short shaft should be good.....that ebrake set up was used on a number of MH's that used the 400 set up....I believe it's the same short output shaft as the standard passenger car/truck set up....

now there is a 375 trans that was in use that used all the turbo 400 internals but used a long output shaft that used a 350 size slip yoke.....but they were only long tailshafts....and were not used in MH chassis.....

not sure If I'm helping things or confusing the issue.....[S

Latest posts

Back