offset rearend question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebox

i am building a 1950 ford F-1 rat rod on a 1963 ford F-100 frame . i just noticed today that the rearend center section is off to one side . i am putting in a 1959 cadillac 390 with a 1973 chevy 3 speed saginaw tranny . is there anything special i need to do? like move the engine over to compensate for the off center center section ?

thanks a lot guys this is my first build and i will be back asking more questions. i need to z it next . i flipped the front and am doing the rear now. i also put a set of king pins in.(my first) luckily a friend did tuns of them working for a ford dealer and UPS so he was a great help
thanks again icebox

If you haven't started a build thread yet I suggest you start one with lots of pictures. It will help the guys with more experience to see what you're doing and maybe give some advice in advance that will make your build go smoother....:D

ok i will start one . an take lots of pics. it is a pieced together ride. i started with a 50 ford F-1(chopped 4 inches) then i am using a 63 F-100 frame ,59 cadillac 390(out of a boat) , mated up to a 73 chevy saginaw 3 speed ,with a 47 studebaker box.
icebox

Latest posts

Back