hydrualic throw out bearing nightmare

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingthunder

So the car is wireed painted plumed and ready to start..pull it out in the driveway and noticed clutxh fluid drioping out of the bell housing.jjst,2 drops.. When I look thru the clutxh fork hole on the side of the blhousing I can see one,of the hoses is leaking.less than droplets but enough to want to fix it.. Has anyone atempted to change one of the hoses with the trand in the car thru the bellhousing hole?. I cant even fit my hand in there.. Just wanted to make sure before o empty all my lines and pull the body

Last edited:
You may have to bend an old open end wrench into a 90 so you can get to it.
I've used a lot of hydraulic throw out bearings but never had to change a hose.

It may not be a hose leaking. I have seen mixed reviews on hydraulic throwout bearings, some people have complained about the unit itself leaking. Not trying to give you bad news, but it may require the unit coming out.

Don

Good luck. You will need to take the tranny out.

Personally if it was me I would throw that hydraulic throwout bearing away and add mechanical linkage.

I have a 95 F250 that I have changed that thing so many times in I could scream.

They are an absolute pain and will go out on you every three to four years.

My last one I paid to have done and they used a cheap part, it lasted about 3 months.

Throw out bearing

Take the trans out what happens is if you didn't shim it correctly it will over extend and pop out, and leak very raely is it the line

Latest posts

Back