Slip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Okay its a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo with 217,000 miles on it. I got it a month ago slipping. Changed the fluid and filter and good to go. Old fluid was nasty and filter was solid.

So my question is how well and how many miles will it go? Car runs way to good to get rid of it. Any ides will be good.

Thanks

52 fordman

We done the same thing to my Grandson's 96 Dodge pickup. It's still running and shifting great almost 3 years later.
So who knows??????

may not have been slipping ,, just starving for fluid .. if it didnt burn the bands or clutches ,, may not have hurt it at all .

Yep....if it's working fine now...great....

but.....if it was clogged up...it was clogged with band and or clutch material....since dirt isn't likely to intruded into a closed system unless someone dumped it down the dipstick tube...could last forever....but I'd do another change after a bit.....just to catch any crap that wasn't clogged up in the filter at the first change...that and keep a close eye on the fluid..if it starts to discolor, change it up again......that converter and radiator cooler collects stuff easily...JMHO of course

So far so good... Only put about 100 miles on it. I will keep on eye on it and check it in a few 100 miles or so. I know its not going to last forever just want to get a few more out of it.

Thanks everyone

52 fordman

Cool! My 01 camaro I bought was slipping so bad it wouldn't back out of the driveway where I picked it up... it was leaking fluid out of the pan... 7/16 tightened it up and so far so good (knock on wood) that was October....

Latest posts

Back