New multiprocess welder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Yesterday I bought myself a new toy that will be integral to my Roadster build, a Miller Multimatic 215. I've never welded with gas before, I have been using the machine today and boy does it make me feel like a good welder. I still need lots of practice but I'm sure happy to have this new toy in my arsenal.

Attachments

• IMG_20221119_123623_390.jpg
    IMG_20221119_123623_390.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
Nice addition to your shop.
I really like how small the welder is and still has the power to take care of business.
You're right on the machine having the ability to make ya look like a good welder.
That's how I feel about mine :p

Congrats snopro....I have the same machine, a very nice upgrade to the Hobart I had here which was the first machine I bought my son when he was 12. This machine is great with all it's presets. I've added a second bottle for tig (which I stink at) LOL and I have it all on a nice cart. Have fun with it!

nice investment [cl

Thanks, I think so!

Very kool!!! Congrats! [cl

BoB

Thanks!

Nice addition to your shop.
I really like how small the welder is and still has the power to take care of business.
You're right on the machine having the ability to make ya look like a good welder.
That's how I feel about mine :p

Yeah, only 38 lbs and I was welding 3/16" with it no problem on Saturday. When I blew holes with it on some thinner gauge stuff (oops!), it was easy to fill them in too. That's what they make grinders for, I guess :p. I'm going to get some copper backers but also practice on thin gauge stuff.

Congrats snopro....I have the same machine, a very nice upgrade to the Hobart I had here which was the first machine I bought my son when he was 12. This machine is great with all it's presets. I've added a second bottle for tig (which I stink at) LOL and I have it all on a nice cart. Have fun with it!

I have a Lincoln stick welder and a small Century 120V mig that I used with flux core wire. This guy sure is an upgrade! My future plan is to get the tig kit and a second bottle and a cart for all. All in time :) Glad to hear you like yours!

Wow! The specs say it'll run on 120 vac. I'm curious to hear how well it works on 120 if you go that route.

The manual does detail the duty cycles and available welding voltage/amperage on 120V AC for both 15A and 20A circuits. I'm sure it would do well enough for sheet metal.

Been looking for a small machine I could run on 110/120 vac. I also like Flux core wire with my 75/25. I'll have to look into them.

Latest posts

Back