Way in the future project tranny question??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey all.

After my Rat rod completion Im thinkin of in the future puttin together an insane rear mounted V8 rat trike together. Gotta have a Rat trike to go with a rat rod....,.Right???:D

Anyhow, I like the idea of using the Olds toronado 425 tranny but since there gettin harder to find I was wondering wat else I might use???

Also....Im fairly un understanding on these rear engine to tranny setups so anyone who can fill me in or turn me onto a set of pics showing this setup will be my new friend. lol Tnx for any help. RR:D

Hey all.

After my Rat rod completion Im thinkin of in the future puttin together an insane rear mounted V8 rat trike together. Gotta have a Rat trike to go with a rat rod....,.Right???:D

Anyhow, I like the idea of using the Olds toronado 425 tranny but since there gettin harder to find I was wondering wat else I might use???

Also....Im fairly un understanding on these rear engine to tranny setups so anyone who can fill me in or turn me onto a set of pics showing this setup will be my new friend. lol Tnx for any help. RR:D
The old Cadillac Eldorado was also a front wheel drive

Jim

Also take a look at the 78 to mid 80's Toronado, Eldorado, Riviera, not as wide as the older 60's - 70's Toronado and Eldorado. They came with 368 Caddy engines, Olds engines 307, 350 also diesels (!) and the dreaded 4.1L Caddy V8 (junk). More of them around and any Caddy ,Olds, Pontiac or Buick V8 will bolt up.
If you can figure out electronics, newer Caddy FWD cars with the Nothstar DOHC could be an interesting donor, also Olds Aurora had a 4 L DOHC V8 fwd, same basic engine.

Latest posts

Back