dana 60 gear ratio ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikes686

I just picked up a dana 60 rearend and a frontend off of a 1 ton ford (circa mid 60's). Anywhoos, I was wondering how I convert to numbers stamped on to the ring and pinion to determine ratio, and how do I tell if it's a posi (limited slip) or a single wheel spinner???

If the rearend is out of the truck, just turn it to find the ratio. Bolt a small pipe or a breaker bar onto the pinion yoke, count how many rotations of the pinion yoke it takes to make one full turn of the hub or wheel.

If both wheels turn in the same direction, it's posi. If they rotate opposite directions, it's not.

thanks guys, i have found out that is an open diff, and has 4.10 gears. well you cant beat the price, FREE. i am a municipal refuse drive (trash man) and one of my stops is cutting up whats left of the donor truck for scrap. today i am gonna stop by and grab the dash guages and pedal assembly, it has m/c for brakes and clutch. all they want for this stuff is an extra dump, not bad.

You can't beat a Dana 60. It was the rear end of choice in the old pro stock days. I got one in my T bucket, with Moser axles. Bullet proof.

newtfinished2-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back