Bowties Kit in a 700R4

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Have any of you installed a Bowties kit in a 700R4? I have the kit and the trans and it is obviously an easy installation.

My question is did it work well? Any problems? Any tricks or suggetions?

Thanks, Bob

Are you talking about bowtie overdrives? I never bought their kit but I followed their instructions they used to have on their web site. The instructions worked flawlesly(probably why it`s no longer available).Not familiar with their kit, but I would expect it`s the same as their instructions, using a new internal wiring harness.[cl

Upon closer inspection I determined the trans had a lock up kit of unknown origin. It had three wires going to the outside connector. Since I had no clue where each of the three wires were supposed to go, I removed all that and installed the Bowties Overdrive lockup kit which comes with a different solenoid and 4th gear pressure switch. Took about 10 minutes. Let's hope it works.

ponchotom89, thanks for the reply. It gave me confidence that the kit I put in should work good.

Yep sounds like what I said. you should like it. I used the 700R4 from an 89 S10 as well as the same vehicle differential.I get low 20`s MPG travelling at 70 mph on NYS thruway w/ a sb 350 in my 39 Pontiac.:D

Latest posts

Back