700r in 56 f100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

I was wondering if any one knew how to hook up a 700r to the 56 f100 speedo. I know i would probly have to change the gear in side the transmission. But can i get adapter speedo cable?

I think they are all electronic and need a retrofit of the speedo parts in the tail shaft to work with an analog speedo. Readily available, but the biggest part, as Old Iron said, is finding the proper gear to calibrate it correctly.

I think they are all electronic and need a retrofit of the speedo parts in the tail shaft to work with an analog speedo. Readily available, but the biggest part, as Old Iron said, is finding the proper gear to calibrate it correctly.
700's in the 80's had cable drives for the speedo's
90 to 92 police cars had a hybrid speed sensor

I put one of these on my 66 Chevy pickup with a 90 Trans Am tune port for the computer and mechanical speedometer.

Hybrid
HPIM0772.jpg

It takes this kind of driven gear
mCOyiIVHshdFnsF7iJxqUsg.jpg

This is the mechanical version
Again you have to know which output tranny shaft gear and the driven pencil gear you are going to use . These come for a certain set of pencil gears 34 to 39 or 40 to 45 tooth.
This is all determined by the final drive ratio. Rear end gear ratio and tire size.

marq6jl9uxllRQhXBGj7Ryw.jpg

This takes this type of driven gear
F78424437.jpg

The output shaft gear is the same for both types
mRsJsEoaOdCUVq8AyFgeimg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back