JB's 1927 Dodge Brothers Build... REBUILT THREAD!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice work and creativity. It's gonna be a sweet hot rod. What are you going to use for the roof?

Thanks snake! I mounted the taillight today... it is the original one. :)

photobucket-19693-1356888880405.jpg

Thanks snake! I mounted the taillight today... it is the original one. :)

photobucket-19693-1356888880405.jpg

I love that you have made another thread here...was starting to wonder if you were still building her or just taking a long break from the build. Love the old vintage taillight you put on...

I was subscribed to your old thread you had on here... if you need it for additional pics or info here you go

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15133&highlight=1927+dodge+brothers

Going to keep an eye on this thread here to see what the finished rod looks like........[P

LOVE this thread. I have the same car(just the deluxe with the solid steel wheels and cowl lights). Want to do something very similar, but have an old DeSoto Hemi to drop in it. What are you doing for a title and body tag? Mine was missing off the firewall like yours, not sure where to go with this.

It came with the title (illinois) and the tag was mounted to the passengers side foot board, with brad nails. This one had the 21" solid wheels originally, but they had been sold before I got it. Good luck with yours, can't wait to see a buildup thread!

Nice build!

Did you change heads on the 440?
I'm building a 48 dodge dodge dually with the same motor and trans.
Can't make up my mind to build the engine or run it as is for awhile.

I really like the look.

Keep up the great work.

POPS

Thanks, it's a 400, not a 440... with the original heads. Go ahead and build it, I was just gonna run mine, and found quite a bit of damage, when I opened it up for new gaskets... so, I ended up doing a full rebuild.

Have the week off, so I locked myself in the garage... heading out now, to finish the back doors and start blocking it down. Hope to be putting some color on it tomorrow!

2013-01-02_18-29-59_506.jpg

Thanks for the roof information, bell. The bodywork is looking swell. You and a lot of other builders here on RRR are taking the "ratty" out of "rat rod". It's the future.

Thanks fellas!

Bob, I was going to re-build the original style roof... until I saw a model t @ a show, with the totally flat roof... :)

I took 3" on the chop...

The drain holes must have gotten plugged on this door...
2013-01-11_18-03-48_156.jpg

seeing your build painted is making me think I should just go ahead and paint my truck... decisions... decisions

Looking really nice!

Latest posts

Back