LT1 Motor Mounts, and 4L60E Trans X-member?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Jimi

Not sure if this is should have gone into the frame section or engines?

Would someone mind sharing the difference between the traditional SBC and LT1 motor mounts? I thought they were the same???

Can anyone point me to a reference on the 4L60E specs to determine the x-member location?

My donor car for my next project is the ever popular 1994-96 GM B-Body (Impalla, Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, Cadi Fleetwood), with the LT1 350, 4L60E Trans, and 10 bolt GM rear. It's going into a 1929 Model A. (Yes, I will start a build thread.. just getting the details worked out prior to.)

I've decided to go with the option of ordering a frame, opposed to starting from scratch. I'll admit it... I don't trust my engineering abilities and taking the easy way out!

Thanks!!

An Lt1 (light truck 1) is a glorified Sbc. The Ls series is different but everybody make conversion mounts now.

Good luck with the trans. Frame company should have those spec's though.

Kurt

The LT1 used in 1993 - 1997 4th Gen F-Bodies is a SBC with reverse cooling heads & distributor on the front of the motor. So as far as the block is concerned they are pretty much the same as the SBC Chevrolet has been making since the 60's.

Latest posts

Back