Spring perch tube

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papamike

Im going to build a frame for my 27 sedan with some plans i got off of Ebay. Does anyone know where i can buy the 3" round cross tube for the front without having to buy a 20 foot piece of it i only need 25 inches or so. The local metal dealer doesnt sell it in smaller lengths than 20 ft.:confused:

I buy my stuff from Alro steel. If no one local helps you out let me know.
I have a stick of 3" which I need some of, but probably could spare some.
Only issue is I'm in Michigan...

Thanks, most of the 3 inch i have found online is 3 inch I/D and ends up being 3 1/2 inch O/D

I would look around for another metal dealer. There has to be one near you that will sell by the foot. If not there try some local metal recycling places sometimes they might have what you are looking for.

Maybe check with your local high school or vo tech school welding department. They may have short pieces of scrap they would sell. Also our local recycler has a rack with shorts.

check out ron pope motorsports...eztbucket.com...he builds frames and many other parts (cheap)...he just built me one....he should have the right size round pipe and he makes a pretty sweet perch that is made to go all the way around the front tube....stronger!...think hes got a flush (standard) and a 3 inch perch

I think i will check with RPM does he sell them with th perch attached? Thanks for all the responses i will be starting a build thread soon. first i need to add on to my shop i just moved from a 1100 sq ft shop to a 600 sq ft shop.

Most steel retailers have a rack that they throw their cast off pieces on after they cut a stick to length. They usually sell the remanants for a few bucks.

I just used some 3/16" tubing that I scanvenged from work. We use it in our railing systems. Not DOM but it works!

P9070014.jpg

At ONEALS you have to buy the whole stick,another iron dealer here makes u buy a 10 foot minimum so there is never any left overs,if u buy half someone else will buy the other,but they are also a recycling yard and you can roam the yard and find it in scrap and pay half of new price . ........ I get tired of roaming soooooo

Latest posts

Back