1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent job! I'm curious, how many hours did that transplant take?
Bob w, I was a little slow on this one it took me 2 1/2 hours. Take into concideration I already had the donor piece cut which was about 30 minutes more.
Snake Farm, you're not just a kidding. I tried to sell it a year ago for $900, I have $750 in it then, I ran across this one and thank God I wasn't able to sell it :D
Thanks everyone on the thumbs up. I'll get to work on the floor tomorrow some.

Been really busy on OP's projects and haven't donated much time to mine.
I'll pull the chassis in, start boxing the frame and put the suspension on in a couple weeks.
I'll post the progress pics to go along with it.
Thanks for the interest GJM

Well I finally got a little me time so, I pulled the frame in the shop and took the plasma and angle grinder to it. Everything that was on the frame is now on the floor :D
It is now almost cleaned off with the exception of the running board brackets.
Since my last post, I've changed directions and I'm now going to do a fenderless ride with a suicide front end with 4 link rear suspension.
I ordered the complete front end from Gas Alley Street Rods in Kansas City. It should be here this coming week.
I bought a new reversed corvair steering box too.
I bought a 90 deg. under dash brake bracket to hide the master cylinder.
Also bought a new 12 circuit wiring harness.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 223
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 224
Thanks guys
I'll carry right on through now.
For some reason I was going through a period of indecisiveness and didn't want to continue the direction I was headed.

Yesterday, I cleaned off the rest of what I don't want on the frame then, welded in a 3" tube across the front, cut off the frame horns, welded in all the holes and ground the welds on one side [;) :cool:

attachment.php

Today, I'll weld all the boxing plates on the inside then bend some tubing for the cross bracing [;) [;)

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 192
Well I done the frame boxing today and finish grinding all the holes too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm gonna try to get the tubing cross member bent and welded in by the end of the weekend.
Called about the parts I bough and they are supposed to start showing up by the end of the week too [;)

Attachments

• 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 238
Well between my daughter having spinal surgery, my son in-law and I spending the last 4 days tearing off three layers of composition shingles and a layer of shakes, hanging doors in an office building and welding together 4 aluminum boxes 24x24x9 for semi trucks, I managed to steal a little time for my 33 :p
I cut c notches out and installed them on the frame [;)[;)[;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 69.jpg
    69.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 204
Where are we at, what are we doing.

I picked up a heavy duty mandrel bender a few years ago. it's missing parts. i was out looking at it the other day and 1 think I can make dies for it to bend rectangular in both planes. It would be cool to be able to fab a pair of rails out of 2x3 or 2x4 etc like his boxed rails here. I think that would pay for itself.

Latest posts

Back