Exciting New Shop!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Well, I guess I'll officially let the cat out of the bag. In February we purchased an acreage, and last week we took possession. The nice 3.5 acre property has a great yard and house. It also has a terrific triple garage, 30' long, 38' wide, 12' ceilings, and three 10' x 10' doors. The previous owners included the 8,000 lb four-post lift, upright air compressor, sandblast cabinet, and arc welder in the deal. The garage is insulated and heated as well, and has lots of big windows.

Alongside the garage is a 32' wide x 42' long tarp quonset with 14' roll-up door where I will be storing a bunch of cars. I expect to fit 7 in there easily. We're very excited, and I'll be turning the garage into my dream with a nice floor, a paint job, and lots of benches and equipment. It will be a while but it will be well worth it in the end, and I'll have a great spot to build tons of things.

I've attached a couple teaser photos for your drooling pleasure.

Attachments

• PXL_20210511_000103605.jpg
    PXL_20210511_000103605.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 44
  • FB_IMG_1621360230385.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621360230385.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20210515_035451450.jpg
    PXL_20210515_035451450.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 42
Congrats on the new place Sno !!!!!! Looking forward to seeing what
you do ith it....

[cl[cl[cl

[P[P

Me too!

WOW! congratulations!

Thanks!

Show off.[ddd[ddd[ddd

Looks like a place to spend a lot of quality time! Congrats![cl[cl[cl

It sure will be!

Looks like a nice place to work and play.[cl

It sure will be when I'm done improving it!

Sweeeeet! Congrats on the new place. [cl[cl[cl[cl

Thanks!

Excellent!! Be aware that "stuff expands to fill available space". Have fun filling it up! :D

Haha, well I already have almost enough junk to fill the available space...

Awesome!! Colin, you are definitely living the dream! Now we want to see you turn out some more cool rides [cl[cl[P

I'm still in disbelief when I walk into that giant garage! I've been quietly gathering parts for my roadster pickup. I'm hoping to get it here in the next few weeks and start making some progress :D

You dawg, you lucky dawg.

Woof!

Thanks all!

First step is lots of light. It has 6 regular incandescent fixtures right now. They're all switched individually. I put some of those LED's with 3 panels in a couple of them and with the high ceilings you can barely notice. I will replace each fixture with a 2-port outlet and cover plate. I'll run plug-in linkable LED shop lights, so I'm going to have about 20-30 light fixtures in the garage. It will be super bright! Great for working on cars, body work, etc. :cool:

Latest posts

Back