1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys,

Heres another one for fun...
IMG_0856.jpg

got some work to do on the bottom of the door... looks bad at that angle.. haha

Not to exciting but i got the rest of my fish plates in last night...

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Yep I am going to do a full box, probably some 11ga sheet... hopefully i am going to start on that next week

Its probably closer to an inch, but ur right i better get back out there and get it a little lower.. haha

Hey CORPO I thought you said you were going to lower that thing, still got 1 1/2 inches to go.

Little bit of an update.. been busy.. my dad and i are trying to get his 57 finished up.. been plumbing the engine and such on that...

But.. decided to tie the bushings together and add some support to them for braking and acceleration figured it might be overkill.. but if i dont do it before i box it up i would never be able to do it.. so build it beefy the first time

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

Then i went ahead and put in my x member... frame is not so easy to flip around anymore.. also finally was able to remove the temporary braces i had on the front end .. that felt good.. took one of the rear temps off too...

IMG_0876.jpg
\

Now its time to begin boxing it... arg...

That's some fantastic work you've done so far Corpo!! This is by far one of my favorite builds in a while. Really inspiring to be honest.

Thunder1

The build is coming along great. I like all the beefy gussets and braces, looks mean that way. I always say, if it's worth doin' it's worth over-doin'

Kevin

Thanks guys, I appreciate it... i want it to be a good lookin reliable truck that im not afraid to hop in and hit the road when i am done.. so i want it beefy so i dont have to worry about something breakin..

Frame looks great you gonna run the drive shaft above the X ?

Yeah its going to have to be that way with how im going to lay out the frame... i will add a drive shaft hoop or two when i get to that point...

I am hoping that i can squeeze some exhausts under there.. i want to run open headers with a cut off.. i know my girl wont want to ride in it if it is ridiculously loud .. (all the time).. i probably wont want to either. haha

Great fab skills and uncommon vision for construction details. Really coming along. I am enjoying the build as the others are!

For anyone interested, I have a '47 Ford frame (roller) that is a heavy truck, 1.5 ton I think. It has a single speed rear, unenclosed drive line, four speed tranny, all 6 wheels and tires, front axle, springs, etc. No motor, No cab. I'd sure like to be rid of it. Make an offer! I am near Bangor in Maine. Thanks. Perley

Im in the garage... haha

.. updates.. but im feelin lazy... Fiiiine....

So here is kinda where it sits.. except that i have put the back crossmember in and shortened it to its final length which is 1 foot shorter
IMG_0881.jpg

I am toying around with this idea.. what do you guys think? it will add alot of strength..
IMG_0891.jpg

and then heres what i have been spending the last week messing around with

i cleaned up the dana 60 well actually its a dana 61 i recently found out which means it has 307 gears which will be good for cruzin

i opened up the old rear end which i dont know if u will be able to see but it is very cool inside all the components are safety wired, i do feel a little bad ruining this cool old axle..

But not that bad.. muhaha.. evil laugh

IMG_0931.jpg

and then the true fun begins...
IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

yep thats 5/8" thick...

IMG_0947.jpg

I Do believe thats about perfectly straight!

i used a massive pipe cutter to score a nice deep 1/4 inch cut, then i followed it with the sawz all.. mannnnn oh man is this baby thicker than i thought it would be... The bearings and all the brake components are in wayyyy better shape than i thought they would be.. so thats a good thing...

the other side is hanging by a thread.... i ran out of blades tonight.. very frustrating..

Progress on the rear end has brought me to a crawl.. but have gotten some stuff done

Put some holes in these brackets, both front and rear, the truck is definitely going to be faster now! haha
IMG_0966.jpg

Started working on boxing the front
IMG_0967.jpg

Latest posts

Back