1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and more fun with the axle

this is the center section of the dana axle i will be using, the tube has the same OD but a much thinner wall soooooo
IMG_0964.jpg

sooooo why not turn it down and slide it in for perfect alignment
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

It took forever to turn, had to run at a very low rpm.... the tube wasnt all that round after 73 years of abuse.... ill turn the other one tomorrow

Got the other one turned.. hopefully tomorrow ill put it back together.. then i can do my rear bag brackets and get this thing holding itself up in a week or so!

Well here we go... the axle is basically finished now... however i do need to rebuild the brakes.. didnt put those back in

Test fit
IMG_0974.jpg

Some large holes for plug welds
IMG_0979.jpg

weld it up
IMG_0982.jpg

And there she is... width is pretty good probably could have gone a little less.. but its done now...

IMG_0986.jpg

Oh and...
IMG_0995.jpg

Saaaaaweeeet

couple of quick updates...

mock up, im going to have to remake the upper brackets for the rear.. the air fitting will hit the crossmember...

IMG_0997.jpg

Weld them in
IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

Thanks pookie bros... glad im keeping you guys interested... i was starting to think i was talking to myself.. haha

Be expecting some good updates this week

this is better than watching tv... keep up the great work

Haha thanks man

You can bet were all watching CORPO, wouldn't miss a thing. Looking great by the way.

Good glad i hadn't lost everybody.. cause it would be way less work to not post things.. so im glad its not a wasted effort

You're a really good bracketologist.:D

thanks bob, i still have alot to figure out with the panhard bars.. the front is going to be extreemly tricky.. got to put some shock mount in there some where too.. my dad said im out of room.. haha mr negative.. ill figure it out

Tonight garage time

Finished the underside of the front cross member tonight, getting there..

I knew i saved a hunk of that axle tube for a reason
IMG_1009.jpg

I doubled up the wall thickness of the frame rail just cause i could before i boxed it all in
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

couple of pics for you guys
IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

I dont have anyway of inflating them yet.. so the jack is holding it up

IMG_1020.jpg

I cut some big holes in the brackets and then cut them in half and put them around the tube and welded them back together, this way i can put a full weld around the tube on both sides of the plate

Few more
IMG_1025.jpg

it doesn't lay out unless i stand on it.. there's not enough weight on the front yet

IMG_1030.jpg

thanks to slash over at the KB for hooking me up with a set of six matching rims, got back a little while ago from picking them up
IMG_1065.jpg

Ill have to throw them on and see how they look

Latest posts

Back