1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks really good.....and i like the trip down memory lane--lots of difference!

if the rest turns out as cool as the frame ( and i'm pretty sure it will) this will be an all time great...

one of my fav. build threads....

keep up the good work
HRP

if the rest turns out as cool as the frame ( and i'm pretty sure it will) this will be an all time great...

keep up the good work
HRP

i second that prech it has the pookie seal of that thing is SUHWEET:cool:

keep up the good work
HRP

Thanks Preacher... im honored that im on your list of fave builds, i hope the rest turns out good too.. i have alot of bodywork in my near future.. the frame will unfortunately be going to storage for the winter.. my dads 57 is going to reclaim its spot in the garage.. i was hoping to get the frame boxed this year but thats not looking like its going to happen.... but i am going to jam my cabs ( i have 2.. well 1 and a shell) in the corner so i can hopefully get started on combining them... the one is a dented mess and the other straight but rotten... i need to combine the two... make the structure for cab, as alot of it was wood, get the doors back on... chop it 2 and im thinking of sectioning it 3-4 inches to lower the dash from the drivers perspective..

i second that prech it has the pookie seal of that thing is SUHWEET:cool:

as always Pookies thanks for the support!

CORPO you can't just leave us hanging we're all hooked now. That 57 can wait I'm sure you're dad would understand. At least post a pic every now and then to keep the DT's away.

is there any issue with running the bracket slightly forward? i don't see a problem with doing it this way.. but maybe one of you more experienced guys have some insight for me..

its just barley going to clear the pumpkin when its layed out.. but it will clear, as you can see i made the bracket.. then decided it was too short.. so i tacked on another piece to get it to the height i need.... this will be set parallel to the ground at half ride height.. i believe this is the correct way to set it???

There's no problem with leaning the bracket forward. You'll want to bend the ends so the rod is rotating w/o binding or spread them out & put some misalignment spacers.

It should be parallel to the ground at ride height.
-Chaz

keep up the good work
HRP

I have to agree. This build is just plain fantastic, craftsmanship is top notch. Its really good to see this level of build here.

Curt

CORPO you can't just leave us hanging we're all hooked now. That 57 can wait I'm sure you're dad would understand. At least post a pic every now and then to keep the DT's away.

the build will continue to progress.. just not the frame....

I have to agree. This build is just plain fantastic, craftsmanship is top notch. Its really good to see this level of build here.

Curt

Thanks man, i am very much so enjoying your build, you vision is very cool and the quality and execution is fantastic

allright guys...

Little bit of fun with panhard bars.. .. these things drove me nuts.. i re did the rear one like 4 times.. i kept having clearance issues with the pumpkin... but i did get it worked out.. heres the rear

it wasnt finished here but you get the idea of when its laid out
IMG_1167.jpg

heres the clearance
IMG_1173.jpg

couple of shots of the axle mount.. it had to be quite tall to get the bar level at ride height and have the clearance to the pumpkin
IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

on to the front.. i really struggled with this for a while.. i really wanted it to be minimal and not intrusive ... so heres what i came up with

here the frame mont.. i really like how this one turned out.... i had to take it all apart to flip the frame over to put it on.. lots of fun..
IMG_1196.jpg

heres the "axle" End i still have some more gusseting to do on this mount
IMG_1209.jpg

heres at ride height
IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

few more angles

this is laid out
IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

I really want to run friction shocks.. cause i like the look but i have heard they dont work nearly as well epically at highway speeds... any opinions on this?

its a weird size but it was free...

its 1-11/16 OD with a 5/16 wall.. if i recall correctly.. might be 3/8 wall actually

I really want to run friction shocks.. cause i like the look but i have heard they dont work nearly as well epically at highway speeds... any opinions on this?

You are going to have a ton of unsprung weight to control. It might be a challenge to get them dialed in to where you are happy at low and high speeds.

I don't have much experience with friction shocks but I'm with Flipper on this, but I wonder if you could run two per side without making it bulky looking? Just a thought.

You are going to have a ton of unsprung weight to control. It might be a challenge to get them dialed in to where you are happy at low and high speeds.

Yeah... kinda what i was thinking.. and i want it fun and enjoyable to dive.. we will see what happens... i need to do a little research and see what my options are for some small gas shocks that have enough travel

mmmmm, sexy! your brackets are awesome!
haha... thanks man

By the way looks great CORPO.

Thanks man, i think running two per side might start to get bulky lookin... and im not sure it would solve any issues.. i really have no expierence with friction shocks.. i just like how they look

i have no idea where im going to try and fish some shocks in the front.. the rear wont be a problem...

i did a little more work tonight.. mostly just welding but i did throw some gussets on the axle mount ..still might add another that wraps the tube and runs along the tube basically a U shape with some holes of course... we will see

anyway..
IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Latest posts

Back