car rescue on ice

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome"
"Necessity is the mother of invention"
Pick one, I'm not sure the car ever going to see the road again but they have lots of parts. [S

"Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome"
"Necessity is the mother of invention"
Pick one, I'm not sure the car ever going to see the road again but they have lots of parts. [S

i wonder if you took it into a very dry warm place for a long time
and then tried to start it?
maybe spray all the electronic stuff with that specialized electronics contact cleaner?

Think that would take a whole lot more than air drying

Carpet, seats, padding, headliner, drain and flush the motor, fuel tank, heck...by the time you do all that is necessary, you'd be better off getting a new one....the drying process would never be faster than the mold and mildew that starts growing....unless you strip it and dry stuff out properly....and even then....uh uh that smell.....can't you smell that smell...that smell that surrounds you......:(

Why bother pulling it out then?
If everything but the tires is complete garbage.
I hear of cars that were in floods being sold all the time
They run.

Last edited:
One of my first jobs was detailing cars. Flood cars and death cars where the worst. I don't care what ya did they still smelled awful!

Very simple yet efficient way to get the car out.

I agree...they sell them....

Why bother pulling it out then?
If everything but the tires is complete garbage.
I hear of cars that were in floods being sold all the time
They run.

but the poor slob that buys it is going to have a myriad of issues down the road....electronics doing strange things or simply winking out....if you look under the hood of a vehicle that has been submerged you will find all the tell tale signs...corroded aluminum, rust where there shouldn't be any....rubber that is discolored or stained a whitish color...now imagine under the dash....then the upholstery...you can dry it but it is never dry before the mold and mildew starts....and you can't cover that smell with anything....you don't have a big enough box of arm and hammer baking soda to absorb it....JMHO of course...

but the poor slob that buys it is going to have a myriad of issues down the road....electronics doing strange things or simply winking out....if you look under the hood of a vehicle that has been submerged you will find all the tell tale signs...corroded aluminum, rust where there shouldn't be any....rubber that is discolored or stained a whitish color...now imagine under the dash....then the upholstery...you can dry it but it is never dry before the mold and mildew starts....and you can't cover that smell with anything....you don't have a big enough box of arm and hammer baking soda to absorb it....JMHO of course...

We had a contraption that would suck all the oxygen out of the air inside a car. It was suppose to "suppress" odors. It helped but the smells would always come back after the car sit for awhile. We had a 2000ish cavalier that a man died in the back seat and stayed there for a week or so. Luckily the entire rear seat was gone when the car came to me. I had to put a new seat in and do my best to rid it of the smell. Thats a smell that you will never forget!!!

Yes it is....

We had a 300+lb woman pass away in her apartment and until the neighbors started to get the odor she had been dead for about 4 or 5 days during the warm weather....we used scba's to go in and get the body and the mattress she had dissolved into....I've been exposed to dead or charred bodies before....but they were normally in the open fields .. and the odor was not condensed into a confined space...the haz mat people had a job getting things taken care of.....:eek:

I wonder what kind of person it takes to be able to do the clean up jobs. I once had a friend who worked on a crew for about a week. He was ok until he had to clean up a man who dissolved into a commercial duck work grate in the floor. I don't know the scenario but he said all the duct had to be removed and cleaned. I can't imagine taking duct work apart and not getting "stuff" everywhere! :eek: :-X

In the early 70s we had no EMS so we hauled people to the hospitals and morgue in stretcher cars (station wagons). I had to haul a floater from the Ohio River to the morgue on a stretcher, we had no body bags. He busted open and the body fluids went everywhere. The Ford wagon was junked because they couldn't get rid of the smell.

Ive heard of stories like that around here..people passing and it was days later before they were found , and then when they try to sell a house or if they were in a car ,, there was still an odor that was there .A trans am was like that here a man passed in it and it was like a week before they found him .. I think as I can remember , the car body was junked .

Latest posts

Back