early chev mtr. mounts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertbandit

there used to be v-8 chev motor mount bolted on front each side of timing chain 2 l brackets 2 studs 8pieces rubber donuts 4 nuts 6 or 8 washers (then payed 10 to 12 dollors for the pair now 140. WTF any body know adifferent way acheaper way any ideas let me know . thanks robertbandit

If you just need the rubber mounts, you can make your own by using a rubber boat roller that is used on a boat trailer. Just cut off "doughnuts" at the thickness required. As far as the steel tube spacers and washers, short lengths of scrap tubing or thinwall conduit and large fender washers should do the trick. I used the same idea on an airplane I built, only I used the rubber insulators from shock absorbers from a Freightliner. You can, or could, buy them separately, there were two grades, one was quite firm while the other was a bit squishy, almost to soft for the bottom but worked great if used for the upper or top of the mount. Works good for transmission mounts as well. One other point of interest, on the side that the fuel pump mounts on, one of the holes that is used for the mounting bracket lines up with the pushrod for the fuel pump. I can't remember if it was the upper or lower bolt hole off hand, but at any rate, don't use a bolt that is so long that it will hit the pushrod and bend it. If your using a mechanical pump, (or side mounted motor mounts) make sure you use a short cap bolt with thread sealer on it in this hole, or you will have a vacuum leak that's tough to find because it's not something that is obvious and quite often gets covered up by other parts. So there you go...a long answer to a short question.:D

Attachments

• Engine mounts.jpg
    Engine mounts.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 23
motor mounts

what i really wanted was the studs that go thru the rubbers and the washers number8 long bolt to hard number 6 to soft all thread i don" think will work trying to figure all the ways to do it, more ideas, more input, better solutions. thanks robertbandit

here are the rubber parts part #
DEA products inc. A2122 and A2123
bud of mine just picked up a set at local parts store last week
like i said cheap $25 full set

rb, hockey pucks make great and cheap rubbers, the secret to drilling them, freeze them first, Torque.

here are pic. of box and part as for the bolts used grade 8 nuts and bolts

Attachments

• moter mount1.jpg
    moter mount1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
  • moter mount2.jpg
    moter mount2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back