Kids- so literal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

My oldest son got into b.ball at his grade school this year. Surprised us because he typicaly wants to sit around and play on the computer. Well not knowing much going into it has his progress easy to see. He is tall for his age and has a big body. He kept getting out rebounded by kids half his size so I kept telling him to use his body and get agressive. Last Saturday he get a technical flagrant foul for almost taking a kids head off. It was unintensional and was just doing what I told him to do. Woops my bad:eek:

When Tripper Jr was a kid he kept getting picked on on the bus ride home & coming to me crying. I told him to punch that kid (his supposed best friend) in the mouth the next time that happened or I would give him a spankin' if he came home cryin' to Dad again. The very next day the neighbor came down sayin' Jr had punched his kid in the mouth & I said... 'I told him to' & shut the door! He never got picked on again on the bus ride home after that! The neighbor finally got over it too! :D[ddd:eek::D

BoB

when my son was in the secound grade he had a kid bully him all winter. his mom pulled the tell the teacher let them "fix it". bla bla bla.... cuz that always works right
told him the next time got bullied to hit the kid in the knose and to not stop hitting him till the teach. pulled him off , he did then told the princ. i told him to . there i am 33 sitting in the little chair ... again .i got told i suck as a dad, he got kicked out for rest of the week (4 days) i took the rest of the week off and me and him went camping for 6 days.
i never punished him for defending/finishing a fight. on the flip side made his life h&!! if he started it

wow, i thought IIII was a bad parent --
lol
my 5yr old daughter kept coming home super upset about some girl at school
picking on her and basically being a female dog to her all the time ---
after about the 3rd time i took cam (my daughter) by the hand and went to the teacher of the class and said - look, my daughters complained to me 3 times now that this girl is teasing and picking on her... im telling you right now, i am giving my daughter permission to punch her in the mouth next time it happens - because no one else seems to be doing anything about it --- the teacher got all huffy and started to say something but i cut her off and said - youre lucky you get a warning --and then walked off with my little girl...
cam never came home upset the rest of that year bc of the girl ... dunno what the teacher did but it worked --

now my little girl knows - if someones giving her crap to tell the person to :
1. tell the person to leave them alone
2. tell an adult if the person doesnt stop shes going to hit them in the face.
3. if nothings done and the person wont leave them alone - HITem in the face.

and i will teach my boy the same thing this coming year when he starts school.

i dont ask that my kids make perfect grades just that theyre respectful and polite and own up to their mistakes and make amends--- and they should be able to expect a little courtesy in return.. but they dont ever have to put up with any snobs crap ---

sorry its long but im very passionate about this topic and my kiddos lol

Enjoyed reading your stories guys, I am taking notes for when I'm a dad

It will surely happen to your kids one day. It's happened to most of mine and I told them the same thing, don't let anyone bully you! But I think it backfired on my oldest son as he came home crying about a pair of twins picking on him at school. Told him how to take care of it and he did, no more trouble.
As time went on though he became more of a bad a** and when he went to high school all he did was fight. It was never with any younger or smaller kids, it was always with seniors and juniors when he was a freshman and they were always bigger! I became involved so much at the disciplinary meetings that the teacher and I started talking to each other on a first name basis!:eek:..CR

With my background in Spec Ops I showed my daughter and son one move that would put the other person on there knees in pain but would not harm them. I also told them that they could only use it in defense and if find out they used it as the aggressive mood they would have to deal with me.

One night my daughter was outside the house and I heard them fighting. So I got up and went outside to see what was going on. As I went out the door I seen him hit the ground rolling around in pain. I just stood there laughing and he got in his truck and went home. He never gave her a hard time after that.

She told me she had to use it a couple of times in school and after that no one would mess with her. She would also step in when her your brother had an issues with someone. My daughter was the tough guy in school. She 5'7'' and about 120 lbs.

My other son was having a bully problem. He kept telling me he was running from this certain kid. I told him thats what he wants you to do and you need to stand up to him. Gave him permission to defend himself also. All he had to do is not run and the bullying stopped.
My wife and I work in schools and I can tell you guys from our end that our hands are tied on things like this. Its unfortunate and we know what the right thing to do is but doing it could get us fired and potentialy sued.

When I was 13 and in Jr. High standing at 6'1" and 190 lbs. all the smaller guys used to pick fights with me - they figured if they could beat the big guy then everyone else would leave them alone - I was always getting in trouble for fighting - The principle and v.p. never would believe that they started it. My dad finally grew tired of the phone calls and going into school, so he said that the next time someone started their stuff - just laugh at them - if they hit you - just laugh at them - Well, I thought he was nuts, but I tried it and after a while the fights stopped. I told my son to do the same thing and the older bada**'s came looking for him - well, he beat the living snot out of a couple of them and the fights stopped, but I also told him that I didn't want to hear of him starting the fight , but try to be the one that ends the fight, protec yourself.

Latest posts

Back