I'm one HAPPY CAMPER !!!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice neat wiring Don. It almost looks like you have some experience in the marine industry :D. Is your sons boby back from the painter yet?

Thanks guys. I like the wiring part of the build a lot. It is pretty relaxing and a lot cleaner than all the other stuff we do. Today I let a pro help me though. My Son Dan gave me a turnsignal kit he had bought for his car, and then he got involved wiring more of the car up. He used to do it for a living, rigging boats with electronics, so he is much better than me, and I was glad to have his help.

Yep, Daytona is calling!!!!! :D:D I should be able to drive it around the block in the next day or so...........can't wait.

Gastrick...........Don's body is out of paint prep and going into the paint booth Monday, they tell him. He is playing Tuesday night, so it looks like Wednesday will be the day we pick it up. Tomorrow the three of us are going to all work on his car and try to have it ready to drop the body on when it comes back.

Now it's time for my usual 2 to 3 am dinner, a shower, and bed. Man will I be glad when this is all over and I can get back on a normal schedule.:rolleyes:

Don

Your son does NICE work. I was impressed with myself when I did the truck but, that job makes me look like an amature.

Thanks Bruce. Yeah, when I need something complicated done, I let him do it. He's so much neater and better than me.

Well, it looks maybe like two hot rods might be driving down the interstate toward Daytona on Thanksgiving day!!!!!!!! :D:D We got Don's body back from the paint shop today, and got it mounted tonight. We rejected it on Tuesday because it had some flaws in the paint prep work, so the body shop had their head body guy come in at 3 am today and they redid the whole body. Now it is fine.

Here are some pictures of what we got done tonight. Now we will start on the wiring and brake lines. It goes to the upholstery shop Monday.

Don

Attachments

• dons t body back from paint shop 022.jpg
    dons t body back from paint shop 022.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
  • dons t body back from paint shop 019.jpg
    dons t body back from paint shop 019.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 38
  • dons t body back from paint shop 025.jpg
    dons t body back from paint shop 025.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 36
  • dons t body back from paint shop 016.jpg
    dons t body back from paint shop 016.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 67
  • dons t body back from paint shop 018.jpg
    dons t body back from paint shop 018.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 36
That's great Don, and the car looks real nice. When you wrote that you guys rejected the first paint job, I was thinking that it would be a lot longer before you got the body back. You should be all set for Daytona now.

That is a good lookin' T, makes me wonder if I did the right thing go with a 29 rpu or should I have just completely rebuilt my T. That color looks great.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I am really impressed that the body shop gave us no hassles whatsoever, and even paid their top body guy extra to come in at 3 am and work right through the day to get it redone. Don wanted to tip the guys, but the owner said he had already done that, so please don't worry. They will get all my business from now on for sure.

The color is Ford Grabber blue, a circa 1970 color. It's code J if anyone is interested. I think they used it on Boss 302 Mustangs and maybe Mavericks too.

Don

Thanks Flat and 24, really appreciate it.

I think I am finally getting near the end of the build. Today I installed my newly painted steering column and wheel for the last time, and tonight Dan came over after work and did more wiring for me. Now I have taillights, turnsignals, and the electric fuel pump runs.:D It also starts with the key now.

I was really happy to see things starting to light up with switches instead of touching wires together. :D

Don

Attachments

• t taillights working 001.jpg
    t taillights working 001.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
Yea Don. You guys are going to roll up in style. What do you actually have left to do? How long does the interior shop plan on having your car?

Thanks guys. Well, Don's goes in for upholstery Monday. He bought the Total Performance white interior kit, so the shop just has to install it. We told him to make any mods he needs to make it better, like upgrading the carpet, etc. The upholsterer says he should be done by next Friday. Before it goes in we need to install his Painless wiring kit, which we are going to do on Saturday and Sunday.

Dan also has to measure for the brake lines so we can get an order in to Inline Tube for the stainless brake lines and hoses. They are quick, so we should have them by the next weekend. Then we just have to install the lines, finish up the steering hookup, and nut and bolt the whole car (tighten everything down for one last time).

On my car, we need to finish up the wiring, bleed and adjust the brakes, finish up the radiator shell by painting it and also the headlights, and that is pretty much it. As for my interior, it may not be done in time, but I really don't care. Dan and Don say it HAS to be done, but I am not that fussy. If I run out of time I am fine with a boat cushion to sit on. :D:D

Don

looking awesome! you do class A work. wish you were my neighbor so i could learn more from you. but i learn alot from your posts. thank you.

Thanks Rusty. Nice of you to say that.

Don't really have much earthshaking stuff to post anymore. Big stuff is done, and we are just doing the little stuff that takes forever. Only 22 days til Daytona, so we are really under the gun.

All three of us worked on Don's T again tonight. Dan continued wiring it, and has the back lights working and it now starts on the key. Don and I worked on getting stuff mounted on the firewall, like his Moon fuel log and Lokar tranny dipstick. Last night I made him his headlight mounts out of a '32 Ford headlight bar, and also make his license plate mount.

On my T, I got the windshield temporarily bolted on, still have to take the frame in to have glass put in it. Mine also now starts on the key, and I am waiting for a replacement wheel cylinder from Dennis Carpenter Co to replace a brand new one that leaks.

Here are some pictures of where both cars are now.

Don

Attachments

• dons t wiring started 001.jpg
    dons t wiring started 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 69
  • dons t more wiring 001.jpg
    dons t more wiring 001.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 44
  • dons t wiring started 002.jpg
    dons t wiring started 002.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 46
  • dons t wiring started 003.jpg