made in America

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ratltrap

I have tried for since 2008 or so to purchase as much American made stuff as I can. I save my money purchase stuff like that. The Asian invasion isnt going away anytime soon. We will need to really think about where and how we purchase stuff (stay away from Walmart). The internet is where I get most of my clothing and boots now. Tools are getting harder to find tho....oh yeah my daily driver is a Chevrolet S10.
Thanks for bringing it up again.Did anybody notice it was 70 years ago today the Japanese attacked our soil in Pearl Harbor. Time to sell your Asian car and go buy something from the big 3.
The big money still goes back overseas (Japan Korea Europe etc.)when you purchase American made Toyota's or Honda's.
MikeC

Last edited:
I try to buy American too, but the lines are getting more blurry all the time!
I'm sure there are people on here who work for Toyota, Honda or many other manufacturers that are foreign owned!
I myself work at a Honda dealership!! Also many parts, and some entire cars from the big three are foreign made!

But, I get you're reasoning, and I agree, we all need to do the best we can
to help support each others jobs!!

It's getting tougher every day to find truly American made products. Even some foreign cars claim to be made here, but their ads actually say "Assembled in America." Which means all or most of the parts were made somewhere else.

I think if anything is the downfall of America it will be the fact we simply are not manufacturers or sellers of our products to the world anymore..........we are buyers and that is always a bad position to be in.:(

Don

You're right, we made the switch several years ago from an industrial based nation to a Technology based nation! And I don't see how we can keep going like this! Who will make the products we used to make? Noone!!

Last edited:
I read how Germany has managed to keep most of it's manufacturing needs in the country despite being a very advanced and educated nation like the US. I'm sure it has to do with heavy taxes on stuff from China, etc. but they are generally in great shape. They manufacture a wide range of things, have plenty of good trades & manufacturing jobs and of course the intellectual jobs.

We could learn a thing or 3 from Germany.

Notice how some products say "engineered in USA"

but the product is produced in China or other nation outside of the US...
You're right....it's tougher and tougher to find products actually produced in the USA.....if the jobs and money are going outside our boarders, it's not helping us much...:(

start small

I was at the store and wanted a can of mushrooms. The ones that were on sale were from a country that I never want to visit. i bought the mushrooms from pennsylvania. If we buy as much of the food as we can from the U.S. and if it costs a little more buy a little less. we might help our country and our waists at the same time. One that I would like to know about , Is there a gas station that is more U.S.A. friendly than others ???? I want to support America at the gas pumps, is that possible ?

Ok...per the experts on the subject....(not me)

"The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil."

Middle East (barrels) EIA, Persian Gulf 2010 (barrels per year)
Shell 205,742,000 5,620,000*
Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 91,168,000
Exxon /Mobil 130,082,000 121,300,000
Marathon/Speedway 117,740,000 76,660,000
Amoco 62,231,000 55,906,000 (merged with BP in 1998)*

"Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil"

Sunoco no middle east or Persian gulf oil
Conoco no middle east but 18,687,000 persian gulf
Sinclair non of either
BP/Phillips 0 middle east 55,906,000* Persian gulf
Hess Neither
Valero 0 middle east 92,305,000 Persian gulf
Murphy Oil USA non of either...

Biggest thing you have to remember is that a number of companys mix USA oils and middle east and or Persian Gulf oils..... believe it or not, WalMart actually sells fuel like Murphy's...Non Middle east oils....no Persian Gulf oil

All in all, unless you buy sunoco, Sinclair Hess or Murphy's...you will be using USA and Persian mixes.....so sayeth the experts.....LOL

What about all the Canadian oil you refine?
While companies like wally world employ so many 'Americans' and local companies as workers or sub contractors it will always be very difficult to convince people to stop shoppping there.
'Made in Taiwan' was a common label on electronic goods in england 30+ years ago so they've been around a long time and unfortunately(apart from pc's and ipods) will continue to manufacture crap and sell it.

I try to buy American too, but the lines are getting more blurry all the time!
I'm sure there are people on here who work for Toyota, Honda or many other manufacturers that are foreign owned!
I myself work at a Honda dealership!! Also many parts, and some entire cars from the big three are foreign made!

But, I get you're reasoning, and I agree, we all need to do the best we can
to help support each others jobs!!

I really like that some of these brands have opened factories here in the U.S. and are creating jobs here, I own a Honda that was built here (89% of Hondas sold in the U.S. were built in the U.S.). Like RM said we just need to try our best to buy goods made in out own country...I will go way out of my way to not buy any Chinese made goods because of their loop-sided trade policies.

I really like that some of these brands have opened factories here in the U.S. and are creating jobs here, I own a Honda that was built here (89% of Hondas sold in the U.S. were built in the U.S.). Like RM said we just need to try our best to buy goods made in out own country...I will go way out of my way to not buy any Chinese made goods because of their loop-sided trade policies.

My sentiments exactly!! It does get difficult sometimes though!!

"Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil"

Sunoco no middle east or Persian gulf oil
Conoco no middle east but 18,687,000 persian gulf
Sinclair non of either
BP/Phillips 0 middle east 55,906,000* Persian gulf
Hess Neither
Valero 0 middle east 92,305,000 Persian gulf
Murphy Oil USA non of either...

All in all, unless you buy sunoco, Sinclair Hess or Murphy's...you will be using USA and Persian mixes.....so sayeth the experts.....LOL
Well Alright! I happen to use Sunoco because it is the least expensive place among about half a dozen I pass on my way to work. WIN-WIN. I like it.

Latest posts

Back