eBay experiences buying rat rod material

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a decommissioned school bus on Craigslist recently for $3200 as a running driving vehicle. It was new compared to the one on ebay, but old as far as today's standards go. If you dont NEED and old one for the cool factor, keep your eyes open at the local bus yards. They replace them sooner or later.

If it ain't old, it ain't cool. Lol

I've actually owned a touring bus conversion and a school bus. You can't either into anywhere, period!

This thing would of basically been the size of a crew cab truck, if not shorter, and would be easy to maneuver at shows. I want to build a small light weight trailer to pull my rpu behind it. This way I can take the whole family.

How big of family do you have?

Theirs only four of us but I'm going to do a rv conversion on what ever I build.

I used to race a autocross car (a type of dirt track car) and traveled around IN with the family in our tourbus. It was awesome other then it was to big and to heavy.

I saw a decommissioned school bus on Craigslist recently for $3200 as a running driving vehicle. It was new compared to the one on ebay, but old as far as today's standards go. If you dont NEED and old one for the cool factor, keep your eyes open at the local bus yards. They replace them sooner or later.

Typically our policy @ work is 12 years and gone. That's just old enough that repairs are starting to pile up, but not nearly old enough to be cool. ;)

Check out around the edges of the old "out in the hills" junkyards the next time you're in one. You might be surprised what you find, or what the old codger's using to store parts in. :D

Regards,
Shea:)

sorry it exceeded your limit ad you didnt get it.. but I saw one at an auction last year and it looked good from a far, but when you got up to it and looked inside.. man oh man.. the whole thing was held together with wood, even the sheet metal was reinforced with wood, especially all the curved corners... and the whole roof

It would have been a massive undertaking...

also.. the one you posted up doesnt look like a 32 chevy cowl to me.. but hey I have been wrong before!

I too have been looking for a 30's - 50's short bus because I have a 7.3 ltr diesel for the project. I have found some but the folks who have them use them for storage or are hoarders and will not part with them. The coolest so far has been a '39 Ford in very good shape![dr I will just keep looking!

Latest posts

Back