Got this message on FB today.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I have to call in about an hour and see what's there.

JB, Paul ****** is cleaning out one of his sheds and it is full of old pickups (40's -50's era). If it is something you might be interested in call Tracy ****** (XXX-XXXX), they are going to haul them off tommorrow and the next day.

Why is all the good stuff happen around your house and your halfway across the country? lol [dr

I already have the trailer hooked up and the tank full. I just need a address. :D

Well, I talked to my cousin who leases the farm and he gave me the owner's email. I guess it's a 37 and a 38 Chevy farm trucks and a 55 Ford 3/4 ton. All were driven into the quonset about 10 years ago. Another old 30s truck out in the shelter belt and buildings with stuff in them and lots of old machinery, tracors ect. I emailed the owner and hope to get a looksee asap. It's about 100 miles so we'll just go with trailers and cash when we go to look. Scrappers are coming in Feb. to clean the place up.

I got an email back from the owner. It's a 36 Chevy and a 38 GMC, his gramps bought them both new. Also there is a wwII Jeep and a 69 Buick Skylark GS California Special Edition and a 59 Chevy farm truck. Might be some other stuff too. I should get in there middle of next week.

If you can't find old tin in Oklahoma, you ain't lookin. I saw tons of good stuff whenever I went to Chikasha, used to do some pickin around Ada and there was all kinds of old tin around there.

I'm gonna head your way this spring break. :D

Well, we got in there and made a deal, Ended up with a 37 Chevy truck and a 38 GMC truck, the 69 Buick and the 56 F-250. GM stuff already has a new owner and I have the F-250. There is still a Minneapolis Moline Z I might buy but we're a $100 apart on it. All of this stuff was driven into the quonset 10 years ago.
Also picked up leads on a 40s Chevy truck, 30s Chevy pickup and what sounds like a pretty decent 57 Ford dump truck with a rebuild engine. All this is 110-125 miles each way.
I'll get the pictures up tonight or tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back