A little wood working I did...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
I was always kinda proud of my cabinetry work on this, but I never could get a picture of it without clutter. Snapped this as we were moving out. Real tin ceiling, all home built cabinets and trim. Really enjoyed building it (except for the sanding - uhg!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP5137a.jpg
    IMGP5137a.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 164
Man, that's pretty. I miss the dark woods used for cabinetry and furniture up North. Down here everything has to be light colors, but dark wood looks so rich.

Don

That is really good work, how long ago did you do this? the furniture style of kitchen cabinets is what everyone wants now. I could have used your skill 10 years ago when I had my cabinet making shop.(to much work for one guy) your eye for scale and style is very good. do you have a back ground in wood working?.....I know you can chop a top!

Sheesh, that's beeeyouteeful! My brother can do that kinda stuff. Me? He calls me the Wood Butcher.

Attachments

• thumbs up.jpg
    thumbs up.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2
He calls me the Wood Butcher.

I'm that guy!! I tell everybody that I don't get along with wood, that excuse works on everybody but my wife..She makes me attempt it anyway:D:D

Really nice work Sam..and like Ray said, we wanna hear about the new place..

... do you have a back ground in wood working?.....I know you can chop a top!

I know you know all too well, wood is a lot harder to put back together when you cut it too short. No formal training, just like everything I do, I jump in with obsessive persistence.

The house was built in the mid 1800's and renovated into a Victorian cottage later - we have a picture of it from around 1875 with the typical old photo unhappy looking people out in front. I was trying to keep the trim near period correct and the cabinetry as old style as possible. 9' ceilings and all available space used.

The tin ceiling really set it off - not cheap, but well worth it. Thinking of doing tin in the new house too.

Thanks for the comments.

Latest posts

Back