unique engine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joukaishou813924

unique engine for this summer, such as a straight 8 or a big block v6, or something different than a run of the mill v8. planning on building a speedster this summer

Not to highjack the thread, but...Unkl, I'm blower ignorant. Where does an Eaton M90 normally reside?

On something like this! That's an Eaton on an Olds 215cid block in an MGB. [dr

T1

Attachments

• JimBlackwoods blown Olds 215cid MGB.jpg
    JimBlackwoods blown Olds 215cid MGB.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Eaton Blower.jpg
    Eaton Blower.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 135
You can find the M90's on Tbird supercoupe's I believe they used them in some GM cars too, I think the 3800 v6's in a few different models. Should be plentiful in the boneyard and they have a pretty cool sound to them too.

Regards,

Rev. D.

Has anyone seen a m90 on a ford 300? Would it really be
worth it with out the inter cooler; you can only run like 5 to 8 psi boost,
a lot of fab work for so little gain. IMO
The ford 3.8 super coupe motor is all forged too! With some rather simple
up grades it will push about 400 hp.
This is a donor car of mine for some project down the road i hope.

thunderchick7.jpg

Yea, I will keep the inter cooler and efi. It will go in a fendered car for sure to hide some of the modern "ugliness".

Good luck on your hunt for a motor!

I always liked the pontiac OHC inline 6, the 68-69 sprint version was 250 cu in and had 215 hp, had a quadrajet carb and split exhaust. Probably really hard to find, but a very cool looking motor. My brother knew a guy when he went to the university of Arizona in the 70's that had one with a turbo he put on it. It came in the Tempest, lemans and later the Firebird. Built between1966 (as a 230) and 250 cu in (in 68 and 69) Anyway just a cool motor to look out for if you ever happen across one:

1968_Pontiac_OHC_250_1bbl.jpg

Regards,

Rev. D.

My neighbor has a 38 Buick with about 40K miles. He is in the process of buying a 455 and trans for it, so the stock straight 8 and manual trans from the Buick will be looking for a new home. Not sure of price yet. If interested, shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with him. Downside: It's in Maryland. Upside: we are within a reasonable distance of several military and AF bases...

Not too unique but i dig the inline sixes. Mines a stock 230 with 89k original miles. I made a stainless exhaust for it and this winter its gettin a 262h cam, lump ported and milled head and dual carbs or a 2bbl. I really wanna turbo it just for cool factor!

Attachments

• IMG_20150411_122608.jpg
    IMG_20150411_122608.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20150411_122543.jpg
    IMG_20150411_122543.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 35
I always liked the pontiac OHC inline 6, the 68-69 sprint version was 250 cu in and had 215 hp, had a quadrajet carb and split exhaust. Probably really hard to find, but a very cool looking motor. My brother knew a guy when he went to the university of Arizona in the 70's that had one with a turbo he put on it. It came in the Tempest, lemans and later the Firebird. Built between1966 (as a 230) and 250 cu in (in 68 and 69) Anyway just a cool motor to look out for if you ever happen across one:

1968_Pontiac_OHC_250_1bbl.jpg

Regards,

Rev. D.

I love those OHC 6 bangers, haven't seen one in years but did run into the Jeep Hurricane in an old jeep a couple weeks ago, all apart and rusty junk.sad.
How about one of these bad boys, half a 460 Ford with aluminum block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCMxlDgVqk

Latest posts

Back