Paypal users

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I just got this in a email from paypal.

NOTICE OF CLASS-ACTION SETTLEMENT.

THIS NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

A settlement has been reached in a class action in which the plaintiffs allege, among other things, that PayPal improperly handled disputed transactions on PayPal accounts and improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts. Plaintiffs also allege that PayPal failed to provide annual error-resolution notices and monthly account statements under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you had an active PayPal account between April 19, 2006 and Nov. 5, 2015. Certain Settlement Class Members who had a hold or reserve placed on their account and/or who had their account closed or suspended by PayPal are eligible to receive a monetary payment upon submission of a valid claim form.

This notice summarizes the proposed settlement. For the precise terms and conditions of the settlement, please see the Settlement Agreement available at http://www.accountholdsettlement.com/ or by visiting the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

Basically if Paypal suspended your account, you will get a check. Probably for a small amount like $13. Of course the 7+ lawyer team that filed the suit will get like $7mil each.

If it is legit, no it will not cost you anything. All cost are part of the settlement.

The yourself and the other "victims" of PayPal's evil doings will split the settlement money minus the legal costs.

"Attorney's fee awards are subject to court review and approval. Ordinarily, if an award is made in a common fund case, it will be awarded as a percentage of the total money available for the class. A benchmark award generally accepted by the courts is approximately 25 percent of the total, although the award may be adjusted higher or lower, depending on the specific facts of a case."

-http://class-actions.lawyers.com/lawyer-fees-in-class-actions.html

Log into your Paypal account from a new tab and see if you have a message there from them. If you don't, it's a phishing scam. They want you to click on the link, then your computer gets blasted with spyware or a virus.

If you have the same message on the Paypal site, then it's legit, and you might get a check for a few dollars. I got one in the mail about 25 years ago stating that I was a member in some kind of class action suit. Don't remember now what or who it was against, but it was a multi million dollar suit when settled. I got a check in the mail for something like $1.75.:mad: I threw it in the trash.

I've had a PayPal account for a long time and have never had a problem. Maybe just lucky on that accord???
I just logged in and there isn't anything on my account stating the above problem.

Forward the whole thing to [email protected] and Paypal will answer and let you know if it's real or not. They then have something to track down and find if it is a scam. Scams try to get you to click on an address they provide and it in turn downloads a virus and/or malware to your computer.

Latest posts

Back