Post concussion syndrome...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Advil may actually help as it is an anti inflammatory as well as a pain med.

I've had 9 concussions over the years and have often wondered how it might affect me in my later years...

I just read this and also concur you should get to a GOOD chiropractor;

When someone suffers a head or neck trauma a misalignment will occur in the upper neck area. This misalignment of the upper neck bones will lead to irritation and pressure building up in the blood vessels that feed and drain the brain.

The longer the misalignment is there the more damage is done to the brain. Cerebral spinal fluid flow will be affected, intracranial pressure will build up leading to ongoing brain damage.

Once this misalignment is corrected and proper blood, cerebral spinal fluid and nerve flow is restored the brain begins to heal very quickly.

If you have a history of concussion or head or neck trauma and are having lingering symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, sleep problems, memory issues or problems with concentration, now is the time to take action. Find out if you can be helped naturally with NUCCA. ( National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association)

It's a good possibility that one will help.

I have a referral to go see a Neurologist but there's not any anywhere near me (within 100 miles) that can get to me within a month. The best I've found is April 5th. I have a follow up with my regular doc Tuesday, I'm hoping they can find someplace quicker then I could. I also have discovered that I don't have any health insurance anymore. It expired on the first of the month. Life us gonna get exspensive real quick. :(

If it was the other guys fault, his insurance should pay your medical bills. Even if he doesn't have any, your vehicle coverage has medical coverage that should cover you, and they will go after him for repayment.

The insurance company's haven't determined fault yet. As of now it's my understanding that I will have to pay upfront and then be reimbursed from the insurance company. The neurologist office won't deal with what they consider third party insurance company's.

You sure have crappy luck with insurance companys dragging their feet. I got rear ended once and had whiplash. I wanted to see a neurosurgeon but they wouldn't see me on second party pay unless I had a lawyer and had filed a suit. I thought that was BS and wouldn't do it so I went to a good chiropracter, paid him out of pocket and then collected from the other party's insurance. I got a cash discount from him and they paid me full price. Never a problem since.

The insurance company's haven't determined fault yet. As of now it's my understanding that I will have to pay upfront and then be reimbursed from the insurance company. The neurologist office won't deal with what they consider third party insurance company's.

Your insurance should just pay and settle it with the other company. I think you need to find a different insurance company, they seem to screw you around every time you need them. I've never had the kind of hassles you seem to get. I even got sued once, took the letter to my insurance man and he said "I'll handle it" and I never heard from them again.

This is a all new commercial auto insurance company. They have been ready to pay every time and just tell me to send them the bill. It's the doctors who aren't cooperative this time. All of my medical has been sent right to my insurance without any problems except the neurologist. They won't except my auto insurance as medical insurance and want to bill me directly and then me turn it over to my auto. I should of explained that better in my first post. I still struggle a bit with my thoughts at times.

I picked up my truck today with a friends help. He said it drives like crap. The guy at the body shop said and I quote "we aligned it but there's some slop in it but it didn't need any adjustments" :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad:[S[S wtf? Really! I called the insurance company and they just said take it where I want to get it fixed right and let him know where it's at and he will take care of it.

I also had a follow up doc visit this morning. Basically took my vitals, got me into a Neurologist sooner (who will take payments), and told me to not drive for any period of time yet. :(

Latest posts

Back