What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the roadster project out of the garage and replaced it with the Earthmobile. Pulled the turbo 4 banger back out of it and dropped the flathead from the '51 in it. Going to be much happier with this combination. It's my favorite ride and i will be very happy to get it back on the road.

Yama, How to go. You're putting a Merc in a Chev, and pokin' your finger in the eye of all these guys that want to put a SBC in a Ford.

E-man, I am convinced that I, single-handedly, converted you to flathead fever.
Right on.

Pile of parts update

Built a removable hard top for the roadster..Tall cab...lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170130_121545394.jpg
    IMG_20170130_121545394.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170128_160441969.jpg
    IMG_20170128_160441969.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 19
I performed a Fordectomy.

Quick back story: My good friend has a '37 Chevy coupe project with a Mustang II front end previously "installed" MANY years ago. The car was never reassembled and never driven with this "upgrade".

Disclaimer: I have nothing against the MII, it was simply done wrong and had to come out.

Today, he and I cut the turd loose. I can't say I've seen such a horrible fabrication job. (Well, I have... but not recently.) Anyhow, we cut and we burned, we burned and we dug, ground, swore and chiselled until the cluster**** came out.

These pictures don't tell the whole story, but I assure you, it was cobbled together with 77 pieces of random scrap metal and glued by a one-eyed welder with a rubber arm and a nervous condition.

(Edit: I will start a build thread on this project, sooner or later!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bert MII 4.JPG
    Bert MII 4.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Bert MII 12.JPG
    Bert MII 12.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Bert MII 10.jpg
    Bert MII 10.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Bert MII 11.JPG
    Bert MII 11.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Bert MII 7.JPG
    Bert MII 7.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Bert MII 6.JPG
    Bert MII 6.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 47
Replaced all my brake lines but the wind got a little too chilly to put the master on. Got a brand new one from napa for $150. Hopefully next sunday I'll be driving her up and down the road.

moved my crap to my new shop :eek:

Attachments

• IMGP8558.jpg
    IMGP8558.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP8561.jpg
    IMGP8561.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP8566.jpg
    IMGP8566.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 32
  • IMGP8568.jpg
    IMGP8568.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 30
thanks guys!
I love how the shop turned out. All new wiring and led lighting installed after the new floor was built. The woodwork was done about 10 yrs ago when the house was renovated. It was about to collapse back then :eek:
Now its time to get some work done and save up for some kinda heat source. The house is on the list of national monuments which also means there is nothing I`m allowed to do by myself concerning installations like electrics, gas, water etc... I understand why that is policy ,but it makes it a pretty expensive hobby... dam its cold in there.... :p

Attachments

• afbeelding (3).jpg
    afbeelding (3).jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back