Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to underline your observation, that 'if you live a full life you don't have to make anything up'. A young fellow in our community is an uncommonly good builder of things and leads a full, colourful life but still has to 'make up things' over and above his usual exploits. This saddens me.
You keep making me think philosophically, Torchie. Thank you.

You are welcome. Mac . :)
Perhaps the young fellow will grow out of that.
Some will. And some never do.......
I sold some flathead parts to a young guy from my old home town yesterday. We talked about what he is building and he looked at my build, etc.
He and his brother have a small shop and I have seen some of their work before. But never had the chance to meet them. Very quiet almost shy kid. And a very good builder.
As he left he mentioned that it was too bad that I didn't still live there any more "As there isn't that many people around there that really know what they are talking about." I told him to hang on to my number.
I happened to be back in that town again this morning and I stopped at their shop and gave him some books on flathead engines and transmissions that I thought he might enjoy reading and learn something from.
First words out of his mouth were"How much do you want for them." I replied "What's the proper response when some one gives you a gift."[ddd
He said, Thank you. :D
Good deed done for the day.
Time for a nap.. The youngsters a PT kicked my butt today.:eek: :D
Tired Torchie

You're a good man, Charlie Brown! [cl

Your compressor: kenny c is right and your pictures make it clear. You have a two cylinder/two stage compressor. The large cylinder feeds the smaller cylinder. #1 cylinder is the first stage, #2 cylinder is the second stage, #3 charges the tank/storage vessel...

attachment.php

On the opposite side, this device is an air-to-air intercooler... it takes some heat out of the first stage "charge" before the second stage compresses and heats it again...

attachment.php

A penguin, a baker and a one-legged chef walk into a bar...

Attachments

• Torchie 2 stage.jpg
    Torchie 2 stage.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Torchie 2 stage intercool.jpg
    Torchie 2 stage intercool.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I agree on both counts Kenny [cl

Your compressor: kenny c is right and your pictures make it clear. You have a two cylinder/two stage compressor. The large cylinder feeds the smaller cylinder. #1 cylinder is the first stage, #2 cylinder is the second stage, #3 charges the tank/storage vessel...

attachment.php

On the opposite side, this device is an air-to-air intercooler... it takes some heat out of the first stage "charge" before the second stage compresses and heats it again...

attachment.php

Thanks for the ID, DR. and kenny.[cl
As far as the above Characters go... I've been 2 of the 3.:eek: [ddd
Torchie

attachment.php

attachment.php

Are you dressing up as a penquin for halloween?:D

As far as the above Characters go... I've been 2 of the 3.:eek: [ddd
Torchie

Are you dressing up as a penquin for halloween?:D

No. I was referring to a big band leader wearing a tuxedo.

So, a penguin, a baker and a one-legged chef walk into a bar... the cross-eyed bartender looks up and says, "What can I get for you, Torchie?"

Last edited:
Spent most of the week end working on the wooden boat but did managed to get this beast muscled into place with the help of my skinny friend.:eek: [ddd :D [cl
Going to pick up the wiring needs tomorrow.
Slowly moving forward.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 21
woop woop, air for days!

I have a gigantic maine coon named morris who accomplishes the same thing.

You have what? [S

It's a *****cat.:eek:
ER.... That may get me banned.[ddd

I called a local electrician to get a price for wiring the compressor in today.
I just don't have it in me to go up and down a ladder to run the wire along the trusses.
Torchie
Torchie

It's a *****cat.:eek:
ER.... That may get me banned.[ddd

yes, we call him gigantamorris. he isnt fat, he is just HUGE, as maine coons are. his brother takes after mom (small tortie) when lays with him he looks like morris' backpack.

without anything in the photo for a size comparison he looks normal but trust me, when he stands up and stretches his arms he can hit my belt.

Attachments

• 58352429921__C5FDBF8F-3047-4E85-ADB7-5EC7CCAE6D24.jpg
    58352429921__C5FDBF8F-3047-4E85-ADB7-5EC7CCAE6D24.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 29
In an effort to have some positive progress. I wired up the iron lung today.
Kicks off at 175 lbs. and back on at 140.[cl [cl [cl
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 9
Great! Did you end up wiring it all yourself?

Well I kind of cheated for now skip.
I put a plug on the end of the shielded wire coming out of the compressor and am using my long 8-3 welding cable to get to my current 220 plug.
Not optimum I know, but getting an electrician to show up that will actually tell you how much it will cost before hand seems to be an issue around here.
The only guy that responded said it would be a week from This Saturday before he could get out to look at it.
I will keep it unplugged unless I'm going to use it. And when it was running all wires and components were nice and cool.
Working at moving forward....
Torchie

Latest posts

Back