weird build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With your resourcefulness and ingenuity I'll bet you could hook up a post hole digger as a horizontal auger. You would have to make it reversible in case it gets stuck though.[P[P

Kenny, my brother still has Dad's post hole auger and I have a really slow turning strong hydraulic motor off of my rod-weeder. This idea has crossed my mind. One of the troubles is I can't get close to either end of the culvert with the tractor.

You've heard of Arctic pavement, well this is Arctic cement. By summertime it will revert back to just mud and sticks, and then I'll hit it again. This way I won't wreck the culvert and road and some of my fingers, ------I hope.

How much water is coming into this area above the dam? Just thinking that if the beavers are actively 'maintaining' the dam, you might run them off if you could use a mud pump to drain the water above the dam. If it would stay dry, then they'd be forced to go elsewhere. (Might be considered 'cruel & unusual punishment' to run them off in the winter, but I'd say the same for what they've done to you.)

Neto, there is too much water to do that with. In the spring the snow will melt in most of four quarter-sections of swamp just north-west of me, so about six hundred acres. Then there's about twelve hundred acres of surrounding farmland that will drain into the swamp. I can't even imagine how much water that would be, but those two culverts will run mostly full bore for two months and then ease off for another month.
There may be ten dams on this creek. I haven't walked upstream for many years though. I know of five dams.
Relocation is the solution and that would only be temporary. [Even to beaver heaven], more beaver would show up. They have been here for 12000 years before the Whitemen.

Latest posts

Back