Food for thought

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbo

Food for thought:

Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies, and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment , wheel chairs etc. and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly ,if they fell, or needed assistance. Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes, and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room,spiritual counseling, pool, and education. Simple clothing , shoes, slippers, P.J.'s and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard ,with gardens. Each senior could have a P.C. a T.V. radio, and daily phone calls.
There would be a board of directors , to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct, that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone, and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.
Live in a tiny room , and pay $3000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out. Justice for all.
This should make us think of what kind of world we have created for ourselves.

:(

A friend of mine has said for years that when he reaches 70, he is going to rob a bank so he will be sent to prison. LOL

There are a few assisted living "apartments" in my first due. We go to at least one of them once a shift. It is really sobering to see the lack of care that is taken there from the (supposedly) trained staff. It is like pulling teeth to, first off, find someone who works there and second off, find someone who actually knows who the patient is and what has happened to them.

The places are always locked down tighter than Fort Knox too. (for the patrons safety of course)

We seniors are a dangerous bunch, we need to be locked up. :D One thing I would strongly pass along to you young guys out there, start saving now for retirement...........it comes sooner than you think. When we are all young we tend to want to spend every nickle we make on other stuff, but all of a sudden when that "golden age" hits you and you have to live on only SS it is a rude awakening. That is why many seniors simply have to keep working when otherwise they should be enjoying those years.

Don

A friend of mine has said for years that when he reaches 70, he is going to rob a bank so he will be sent to prison. LOL

Don't bother... the banks have already been robbed and are just as broke as the rest of us!!!

One thing I would strongly pass along to you young guys out there, start saving now for retirement...........it comes sooner than you think. When we are all young we tend to want to spend every nickle we make on other stuff, but all of a sudden when that "golden age" hits you and you have to live on only SS it is a rude awakening. That is why many seniors simply have to keep working when otherwise they should be enjoying those years.

What Don said!!! Don't even think about retiring unless you plan ahead (way ahead) and save for a rainy day. Be sure to put as much as you can in an IRA etc *every* year. If u're young... it adds up. Like Don said... retirement age slips up on u B4 u know it!

BoB

Latest posts

Back